What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mirror effect on images that are not 2d or 90 degrees

Brad Smith

Hi,

I am trying to create the mirror effect/reflection and can do it find on objects that are flat or 2d but I have some images that are on a 45 degree angle and when you vertically flip it a copied layer of the image, the images are of course bottom point to top point.

For example, if there is a notrebook PC and you copy the layer and then flip it, the corner of the notebook of the bottom becomes the top of the copied layer. So how do I manipulate the image so that it can look natural. I understand there is some difficulty here but maybe there is an alternative method other than this. I have tried the warp tool with no success.

Many thanks.

practice practice...................and more practice it'll happen

search for tutorials "Photoshop Reflections" it really is very easy once you see it done

OK thanks will have a look in the morning since its 4am here now :)...well will look in morning morning heh

hi iDad, I havent been able to find any tutorials to do this on here. Can you please direct me to one since I cannot find it? Thanks.

A lot depends on the image itself. But most times I cut items into sections and then distort/transform as needed separately. Adding guides on a separate layer can help to get the angles correct.

Thanks to both of you. hawkeye the images I was trying to do it a little mroe complicated to do it that way, i did see that method.

In the skew or warp, how do I select multiple parts of the grid to move? I was trying to multi select it but couldnt work it out.

Like I said, a lot depends on the image itself. Without seeing it, it's difficult to recommend exactly how to go about it. Generally speaking...cut and paste sections onto their own layers, then distort, warp, transform, etc. each section.

just copy the object then set its transparency to 15% and place it below a real object , transform it on 180 degrees and that's realy it :D

I think I undestand what you mean Rason but I definitely dont think thats right.

iDad that liquify was quite tricky....the tutorial is very bad at explaining what they are doing as they are assuming/missing a lot of detail to get the result they were doing. But Liquify is manipulative but havent tried it in my image yet.

I might need to keep trying on hawkeyes method too.

as Hawkeye said,
Seeing the image will help us, help you. if not the real image a close example will help with the guessing game

Back