What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nagel Brush Series - anyone have a list of names?

GPS

Howdy,

I just downloaded the Nagel series of brushes (1-39) and would like to organize them with my other brushes. The brushes all have names like "NagelSeries_24.abr" and I want to give them descriptive names so when I see them in PS I can make sense of what I have.

I have searched for a while and cannot for the life of me find a complete list of the names of these brushes - does anyone have a list of names for these?

Thanks!

Click on the brush icon, then a small box just up above is another brush icon,and a little arrow. Click on the arrow,and all your brushes come out,if not, you can drag them out by the bottom right hand corner. If you want to change the name of the brush,click on the brush. A box comes out with the brush still on it,and then it gives you the option
to delete the brush or rename it, then click OK. Yes i have downloaded brushes with that name on it. I think it`s just for quickness. Some brushes are individually named Example- Pine Tree,- Birch Tree,and so on. You will also find that you get a credit brush thats the person that named them.
Bucket

Still need set names - the process you describe above can give some clues when individual brushes have meaningful names, but not for Nagel sets which are just numbers. And many of the individual names are just numbers.

Here is what I have pieced together via web articles and my own observation:

NagelSeries_02 charcoal crayon.abr
NagelSeries_03 painterly cloning.abr
NagelSeries_04 lines scales.abr
NagelSeries_05 chalk charcoal.abr
NagelSeries_06 rock rough textures.abr
NagelSeries_07 water cloud surface.abr
NagelSeries_08 butterfly flowers.abr
NagelSeries_09 bush maker.abr
NagelSeries_10 textures.abr
NagelSeries_11 smoke clouds.abr
NagelSeries_12 grassy swirls.abr
NagelSeries_13 chalk crayon.abr
NagelSeries_14 cloud moon light.abr
NagelSeries_15 textures.abr
NagelSeries_16 flakes cracks.abr
NagelSeries_17 textures.abr
NagelSeries_18 butterfly flowers.abr
NagelSeries_19 hair.abr
NagelSeries_20 skin.abr
NagelSeries_21 hair.abr
NagelSeries_22 textures.abr
NagelSeries_23 Hair.abr
NagelSeries_24 clouds.abr
NagelSeries_25 grass moss.abr
NagelSeries_26 textures.abr
NagelSeries_27 skin.abr
NagelSeries_28 clouds grass.abr
NagelSeries_29 charcoal chalk pastel.abr
NagelSeries_30 skin scales.abr
NagelSeries_31 burlap canvas.abr
NagelSeries_32 bumpy scales.abr
NagelSeries_33 chalk pencils.abr
NagelSeries_34 cracks rough surfaces.abr
NagelSeries_35 Clouds.abr
NagelSeries_36 fur hair.abr
NagelSeries_37_skin.abr
NagelSeries_38 natural textures.abr
NagelSeries_39 sponge wet bristles.abr
NagelSeries_40 watercolor.abr
NagelSeries_41 chalk pastel bristles.abr

Please update if anyone has better info.

Last edited:
Thanks for the list, GPS. I use one of the brush sets for my skin textures and it's awesome. So I'm going to get some of the other sets, too. Nice to have this list for reference =) Happy drawing!

Back