What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need a little touch up

Argos

Guru
If i'm not mistaken i think is the other way, the black&white image with black edges so he can blend it in a black background.

Jerry D

Power User
The OP has 3 images in the link he gave...

SAW-small.jpg..Super-small.jpg The Evil Dead-small.jpg

It's not clear to me which ones he wants edited.

I've been playing with this one, but it's probably not what he wants.

Super-fade.jpg

escc1986

I'm sorry if wasn't so clear on my post

And I have truly bad examples and I'm dearly sorry , I'm new to this and hope you don't crucify me for my idiocracy

Here let me give you a better sample of what I'm trying to do ...

Here is a picture of a beauty and the beast shirt ( as you can see the images blends with the shirt since the shirt is black

Now here is an image of the beaty and the beast image that looks rectangled that has no blend , I want to blend the edges so it could be blended in a back background , so it doesn't look like just a rectangled image was pasted on black background

https://www.tvmoviedepot.com/disney-beauty-beast-poster-black-tshirt-p-39366.html

http://www.imagebam.com/image/0721fb215524767

Last edited:

escc1986

Hi

Is this what you're looking for
View attachment 74366

It's not what I expected of my intentions ... but I have to admit it looks fabulous!!!!

I love your interpretation of this scream art work with the touch of the "saw " artwork for the edges ... your brilliant ... thank you ... I love this one

I'm going to save this one you made I love it

gedstar

Guru
No worries glad you like it

It wasn't my intention to come up with something you didn't want :rofl:

Last edited:

Jerry D

Power User
But which images do you want done?

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the wanted effect? (Rectangular vignette)

Beauty-And-The-Beast-rectangular vignette.jpg

Or even more 'vignette'

Beauty-And-The-Beast-rectangular vignette V2.jpg

Last edited:

escc1986

Yes I wanted the beauty and the beast image ... I was just trying to see if i could try on my own

But all you guys are great for wanting to help out and appreciate everyone's help comments

Yeah that image of the beauty and beast which fades into the black is amazing!!!!

Admire and love it !!!!

Thank you all so much for your help

I love them both

I think the vignette looks more better for the idea I have ...

So nice how you gave me a choice

Last edited:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Glad I could help, but remember, for your eventual next request, if you can't explain it, post an example of it, the net is full of them...:cheesygrin:

escc1986

After seeing this marvelous work you guys have provided

Can anyone point me in a direction so I can do this myself

My tools are my iPad 2 with photoshop touch installed

How can I can a vignette image like this

And even the top image like rectangled blend in the black

escc1986

Glad I could help, but remember, for your eventual next request, if you can't explain it, post an example of it, the net is full of them...:cheesygrin:

Hi eggy

Mind if you help me out ...

What is the name of this blended in the black edges ... I wish I was googling it but I'm a newbie and was wondering was is the term or name called for this You of editing

Thank you in advance

Eggy

Retired Moderator
- Open the image
- Add a new layer on top
- make a rectangular selection about the size like this
- inverse the selection (CTRL+I)

Untitled-1.jpg

- do select/modify/ feather and choose 75 px

Untitled-2.jpg

- fill the selection with black (make sure black is the foregroundcolor) by pressing ALT+DEL

Untitled-3.jpg

Last edited:

escc1986

wonderful !!!!

Thank you

Mind if I ask one more thing ... what about the vignette is that the same , cause I admire that as well

Plus great tutorial you helped me understand

Thank you

Much appreciated

Eggy

Retired Moderator
That is actually a vignette and it comes in all shapes depending on what you want.
I suggest you look it up on YouTube under 'Photoshop Vignette'.

Last edited:

escc1986

I'm sorry to be such a dummy at this ... I meant to say I like the "even more vignette" style where it's like cutting it close and cutting off a little bit of the character at the bottom , that looks great the even more vingette

thank you so much for being so informative and I will do the research as you suggested ... thank you and it's truly amazing how people like you can help an average joe like myself with projects I have my eye set on

Last edited:

gedstar

Guru
In case you're wondering here's how I did the other image

Grab the Elliptical Marquee Tool and make an oval selection of the center on the image and then hit CTRL + SHIFT + I to invert the selection
View attachment 74388

After hitting CTRL + SHIFT + I the selection should look like this
View attachment 74389

Next just hit CTRL C to copy the selection and then open up the other image and CTRL V to paste the selection above it, hit CTRL T to enter Free Transform and resize to fit
View attachment 74390
View attachment 74391

Last edited:

escc1986

WOW !!!! Thank you so much for that wonderful tutorial as well , I was wondering how to do that ... and now I know , thanks to you :)

gedstar

Guru
You seem keen to learn so instead of posting in the Free Request section and asking for free edits why not post here https://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum/photoshop-newbies/
That way you can learn how to do what you want to do, we're always here to help and the best way to improve your skills is to ask for help and practice what you've been shown :thumbsup:

Last edited: