What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Advise on Blending

Vince1551

Hello Everyone

I'm a PS novice and need some guidance on how to blend these two image nicely. I was hoping someone can guide me on getting the sun on one of the pics and merging it onto the other clouds pic (with silver linings on the edge of the clouds from the sun).

I hope to learn the steps in PS and would greatly appreciate anyone who could help show me the steps in PS. I can then learn from there and recreate on my own so that I could maintain originality :)

Many thanks in advance

ScreenShot2014-10-21at111745pm_zps3e91a232.png

ScreenShot2014-10-21at111848pm_zps0ef91e56.png

Vince

Last edited by a moderator:

iDad

Guru
real quick easy way all depends on what you're looking to gethardlight layer.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Good call iPop, I was headed towards blending modes next.

Vince1551

thanks guys

how do i make it look more natural and retain the colour cast of the image of the clouds?

I did try blending modes and layers however I just couldn't make it look natural. I even try to turn the sun pinkish.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Add a Hue & Sat adjustment layer and clip it to the masked layer.
Set the HS later to colorize and adjust to your liking.
Then use the Brush Tool on the adjustment layers layer mask to bring back the color of the sun.

SunsetBlend_02.png

Screen Shot 2014-10-21 at 11.56.47 AM.png