What's new

Need help with combining pictures

maggie2

Hi,
I am using Photoshop CS5 and I want to blend two pictures together to make a collage. I have included a picture that is like what I want to accomplish. Then I have included the picture I am working on to show where I have gotten to. I have used a layer mask to try to blend the two pictures but as you can see, there is still a border around the top picture. Is there a way to get rid of this? If so how? And/or is there a better way to combine the two pictures. I've been working on this all day and still not getting the results I want. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

So the first picture is what I want it to look like and the second one is the one I'm working on. Hope someone can help me get this sorted out.

sample20.jpgtry1.jpg
;

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello.

I think your Brush Tools opacity setting was lowered. Make sure it's set to 100% and go over the area again. If I want to lower the effect that the brush has on the mask, I lower the flow.

Here is the original image of the a girl and a bunny placed on a BG texture layer.
Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 10.33.06 PM.png

Here's the the original image of the girl and the bunny after adding a layer mask, then using the Brush Tool (set to black) to BLEND the girl and bunny into the BG.
Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 10.33.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 10.33.29 PM.png

Brush setting (Using a Wacom Tablet)
Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 10.33.48 PM.png