What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help with photoshop

Dragonfish

Alright photo guru's, kind of a newb with Photoshop and i don't think i'm improving, my friends having her bday tomorrow and thought i would do something special for her, she's a fan of this local rapper, i thought here's a great idea why not get his autograph for her...... that kind of fail through, fight broke out and well i'm kind of on my last legs, then i had this brilliant idea to simply add a fan sign with her nickname(snow bunny) on a sign to one of his pics and then put the pic on a bday cake for her unfortunately i have not gotten far after nearly half a day of trying. So i was wondering if anyone would be up to a challenge of adding the fan sign to the pic saying "Happy bday miss snow bunny, live it to the fullest" and make the writing look realistic? this might be a tall order but i'm kind of on my last legs and i have seen some of the beautiful previous post you guys have done, this seems like an awesome site and community so if anyone can do it, it would be you guys. This pic, just need a sign .10661154_685715014849758_36027457_a.jpg

Last edited:
I understand what you want, but do you realize the physical size of the image? It's only 4.25" x 4.25" at 72 ppi, hardly a quality piece of work. Is this to be something your hoping to print or what?

Hoping to print out, also can't you simply re-size it? i was planning on simply re-sizing the image after possibly cropping it and it should be good.

I'm working on you something. Have it for you in a bit.

Thank you but it's obvious you can still see the phone, i guess i can scrub the phone out but i need it layered so it looks like it's in his hands but thank you for the effort, the penmanship looks amazingly excellent can you tell me what program you used? i think i can work on something from this.

Thank you but it's obvious you can still see the phone, i guess i can scrub the phone out but i need it layered so it looks like it's in his hands but thank you for the effort, the penmanship looks amazingly excellent can you tell me what program you used? i think i can work on something from this.

There you go. Edit it to your satisfaction . I have limited time to spend on free edits,
For the handwriting, I simply used my paintbrush set to 1 pixel and wrote on the white sign using my graphics tablet pen. That's my handwriting but I varied my penmanship (which is actually quite better than that) to possibly make it better fit the person that was supposed to be the writer.

And..who is to say that is the (a) phone. Could be the white extension of the sign down into the hand. But whatever..edit however you like..have fun!

Last edited:
I appreciate your help. You know where i can get some tips on layering it into the hand though? or point me to the right forum guys? and you have excellent penmanship. I will see if i can figure something out but thanks for your help, i understand you did not remotely have to spend your precious time on this but i thank you for choosing to do so.

I appreciate your help. You know where i can get some tips on layering it into the hand though? or point me to the right forum guys? and you have excellent penmanship. I will see if i can figure something out but thanks for your help, i understand you did not remotely have to spend your precious time on this but i thank you for choosing to do so.

How about this? Used a new layer, filled with white with a layer mask.
terrell screenshot 2.PNG

Wow.... much better. Thank you so much:D i can just add some noise, burn it, maybe make the note a little grayer and possibly flip it, turn it black and white It will be perfect. I wonder can it print on the cake in high detail tho....

Hey quick question that layer mask, how did you get it under the fingers or atleast made it look like it's underneath the fingers?

Back