What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Content Aware not working for me.

mikecox

I was cropping a Tiff file. I checked "Content aware" box, as well as the "Delete Cropped Pixels" (I tried with the latter checked and unchecked).

When I finished my crop I clicked the checkmark to the right of the toolbar, but the empty space in the sky did not fill in.

I ended up using the patch tool to fill in the space where the sky was missing.

What is your exact workflow?

I can't replicate the problem, unusually it works just fine for me.

Do you have a suitable tiff file available for testing?

Regards.
MrToM.

Hey Mike. Not sure what to tell you here. Have you searched Adobe Forums to see if anyone else may be having this problem?

What is your exact workflow?.

I open the image, select the crop tool; making sure the "Content-aware" option in checked, draw out the crop and click the Check at the end of the tool options.

Since posting this I tried again and got the same failed results; the sky would just no fill in. So I filled it in manually!

Do you have a suitable tiff file available for testing?
I tried to upload the tiff file but it was too big, even when reduced to 71ppi.

So I look the image I manually filled in and raised the crop about an inch, leaving a blank top and tried "content-aware" crop again, and it worked!

Must have had something to do with the tiff file I was working with.

Ok, thanks for letting us know.

Regards.
MrToM.

Back