What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No startup canvas on CS2 for mac

benchlegs

When I open photoshop CS2 on my macbook there is no gray canvas as I see in others pictures.
How do I get photoshop to default to a blank gray canvas when I open it on my mac?
I have looked everywhere and tried everything and nothing seems to work.

thank you in advance!

gedstar

Guru
Hi and Welcome to PSG

"there is no gray canvas as I see in others pictures"
Can you post an example of what you see in other pictures, sorry CS2 is very old and I don't use a MAC but maybe an example of what you're trying to describe would help

benchlegs

Hi and Welcome to PSG

"there is no gray canvas as I see in others pictures"
Can you post an example of what you see in other pictures, sorry CS2 is very old and I don't use a MAC but maybe an example of what you're trying to describe would help

Screen shot 2016-06-17 at 3.36.08 PM.png here you go gedstar

MrToM

Guru
Try this...

Window > Application Frame

That should hide your desktop and show the workspace instead.

Regards.
MrToM.

gedstar

Guru
You could try resetting PS preferences
Mac: Press Command, Option, Shift while starting up Photoshop. A dialog box will appear asking if you wish to delete the preferences/settings file

benchlegs

You could try resetting PS preferences
Mac: Press Command, Option, Shift while starting up Photoshop. A dialog box will appear asking if you wish to delete the preferences/settings file

reset as you instructed but still nothing

This is driving me CRAZY!

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Try pressing the F key on your keyboard.

benchlegs

gedstar

Guru
Throughout this thread you have provided little or no information to help us help you, all you have provided is one liners and little information as to what you have done. I asked you two questions in my last post and this is your reply "Tool does not work. It's ok, I'm just done with Adobe. I'll find something else to use"
And this is your reply to my post before that "I downloaded the program from Adobe and also the key from Adobe. I'm stumped!"

You do realize we maybe Photoshop Guru's but we certainly can't read peoples minds.