What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Challenge Week #10

Hair extracting is hard by itself but yours chosen in one of hardest from it becouse of similiar background. Brave choise.
I don't have much right to criticize (haven't showed nothing yet myself) but it's too noticable at right upper side. But i understand problem - too furry. I tried to extract greyish feather earings from grey background. 1:0 to extracting. I hope i'll change that score.

Nicely done you two. Alot of times less is more with hair selection. Don't worry about getting every single strand. You can always fill in missed areas with a new selection with no need to start from scratch.

Last edited:
Now that I look at it, you are right. I was so focused on the hair blowing out that I never noticed that the upper right looks too choppy.

I'll have to see if I can correct that. Thanks, Senior!!

This is better, I think? I obviously have a LONG way to go. I'm not entirely happy with the cut, I have to admit. Perhaps a subject with a bit more contrast would have been easier, but I liked the hair on this one.

week10Rev.jpg

Last edited:
Then go for it :)

It's way better than drink, smoke and watch stupid telesion.

P.S. Only one thing maybe is enough good to keep from PS :D

Schools good mate, old words but true - BEST YEARS OF YOUR LIFE...very true saying mate learn all you can and do as well as you can, BE FUTURE PROOF DUDE.

I was a little bit uninspired, and my lag of knowledge of photoshop is remarkable, but i proudly present my entry: banana phone!!!
bananaphone.jpg

Cmon! pick it up ^^

done with:
banana-world.jpg

and

banana_phone_by_thehonesterone-d33cccc.jpg

i really had problems with the hair and i had to make her going to the hairdresser (or how do you say that), but it's worth the effort, for me lol

Like this hair shot right away. It was a little difficult on a hobbyist. I didn't try to remove the bright sunlight on the girl or add it to the train.

trainblown.jpg

Originals
654vj.jpg

19587064072239a959.jpg

P.S. Only one thing maybe is enough good to keep from PS :D

and what could that be Senior? I just can't imagine . . . :shocked:

ZEE, enjoy school (though I know what you mean) and be sure you learn and then do what you truly want to do. Take it from me. I wish I had. I'm happy, don't get me wrong, but to be a designer was my dream and I let things get in the way.

So, cut out furry creatures in the evening I guess! :mrgreen:

Like this hair shot right away. It was a little difficult on a hobbyist. I didn't try to remove the bright sunlight on the girl or add it to the train.

I can see why the hair caught you in the eye, I mean caught your eye. Nice job. Hard to get it all cleaned up isn't it?

One more try..... simple image, simple background.

Hair copy.jpg

Original:

blowing-hair.jpg

Not terribly original, I agree, but I wanted some practice. :)

I can see why the hair caught you in the eye, I mean caught your eye. Nice job. Hard to get it all cleaned up isn't it?
:) yes it was harder than I thought The blue from the water wanted to be part of the hair no matter what I tried. I started this project of a number of time and still think I could have done much better on it, but then again it was for fun not a job. :)

Back