What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Challenge week 15

Pebbiez

Last week's photoshop challenge was fun, and I learned a few new tricks!
This week I was given the honors (joygasm! haha).
So I present to you this tutorial Photoshop Photo Effects Old Photo - Vintage Effect Tutorial

This is what I have previously done with it:

sepiacottageBA.jpg troysnowBA.jpg

Different textures give different effects of aging (On the second example I had used a grunge texture brush to create water/light damage as well) - lets see what you guys come up with!!

Last edited:

SeniorS

Guru
Thanks.
If everything will be okey, i'll try make better one in same style next week. First have to think out more intresting "story".

The idea itself is rich (i think). Make not today's image look old but "tommorow's" one. That could be intresting.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
does it have to be an old sepia photo type or can you do it in late 20th century style vintage?

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
HOLD ON GUYS....

Don't be hasty..... lol....

I think Pebbles jumped the gun on releasing this.

Adam........ just hang on till Pebbles officially re-opens the competition.

ibclare

Queen Bee
just in time for Halloween :cheesygrin:

yep, spooky!

Here's my first try. I mostly used Senior's link for tutorial. That guy was thorough. Somebody who never used PS before could follow it!

Attachments

• model - 9 -sitting legs-R_jpg.jpg
    model - 9 -sitting legs-R_jpg.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 29
  • model_vintage.jpg
    model_vintage.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Hoogle

Guru
I Just wanted to play with my new set of brushes and thought they may work in this so it only has a sepia tone contasting but mainly brushes without the old ripped effect admittedly all though I have plenty of them brushes as well.
People-Portrait-Photographer-Rachel-Rose-UK-1.png

ibclare

Queen Bee
What can be done to get more contributors? I know there's so much talent that would be fun to see. Maybe if everyone PMd someone on the forum they know and encouraged them to have some fun and maybe PM another . . .

:idea: :question: :clap:

this old picture is not so old

Attachments

• TraceyVintage2.jpg
    TraceyVintage2.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • tracey-little.jpg
    tracey-little.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited: