What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Challenge Week #7

Those are both really nice Belial. I like the color and overall texture of the first one. Glass filter in there? How did you make the textured "ridge?"

Yeah the texture is what it is mate, when you have made your layer curve just click the add a layer style and choose what ever you want then play around with opacity and light/colour what ever you want mate,i used satin overlay i think lol.

awesome!

just (hopefully) finished a new one not sure the colors are right though.

the interface area was the most time consuming, i did it by hand rather that copying and pasting the dvd menu image, i'm quite happy with it it's the best part me thinks XD

images used:
Iron-man-pose2.jpg
iron_man_still_1.png

Attachments

• iron man mk2.jpg
    iron man mk2.jpg
    497.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Nice Stuff! Good challenge Zeealex! I followed your Vista Aura tutorial. That was fun. Endless possibilities.
indeed there are, sorry my mind is terrible i thought i replied to this. it's even more fun when you add some filter effects and some dramatic lighiting! :D

geez i might as well have called this photoshop challenge 2 days, 2 days of really amazing entries and it seems to just be a dead topic now i know the week isn't out yet but it just seems like already it isn't going anywhere i wonder why that is? because i started it? yeah, thought so :p

Last edited:
because i started it? yeah, thought so.
Will you cut it?
Relax man.

I was thinking about it yesterday. And i believe that it is because of need too much creativity.
Meaning, more techinc challange like play with some effect or filter or something have more entries and works done but one's which need more creativity is much harder.
Personally i didn't make any.

geez i might as well have called this photoshop challenge 2 days, 2 days of really amazing entries and it seems to just be a dead topic now :( i know the week isn't out yet but it just seems like already it isn't going anywhere i wonder why that is? because i started it? yeah, thought so.

You really annoyed me!!!

Do you know how much it takes time to make good fotomanipulation or wallpaper(which is more complex than the three curves that light in other colors)??

Some people work for months!You lack the patience

luna, say what you want about your annoyance, but the biggest annoyance in what you just said is i've given the tutorials to follow. at most they take hours. i've never known a wallpaper to take months, i'm not asking for anyhting fantastically "ooh wow look at me aren't i patient." perfect pretsy pratsy work, i understand great work takes months to finish.

but honestly, the tutes are there, it's not going to dampen anyones reputation to just follow them.

Last edited:
I'll shoot.
Read a book.
Build a house.
Paint selfportret.
Open PS + net and learn new thing about PS.

all right then, those are some good ideas,
what type of house? a matchstick house?

That was more philosofic but matchstick house will do.

P.S. For me it takes 2hours for one with "coloreffects".

XD fair enough matchstick houses are good fun to make though, keeps me occupied for more than five minutes.
wow, no wonder most of my wallpapers are sh** then, maybe that's my problem. i know, i'll do a long term project, 2 weeks work minimum, now i just need the resources and what to do :D

Weekly challenges are suppose to be fun and gettiing to inspire each other etc etc. You must have noticed that this site has been very quiet recently people could be just busy on vacation or anything. This challenge is quite creative for some people from what I gather your background in photoshop appears to be for this idea creating wallpapers and sigs etc. Other people do not do this so need to put more thought in.

aaaahh i see, yeah how ignorant of me forgot it was the summer holidays :doh:

Oh come on people this is a forum for Photoshop love - NOT angst for each other.
Z it happens when it happens mate, you can't get a reply every time hell i have started threads and they have died that day, no worries passers bye take a look and walk on - it's all good mate.

all righty, thanks belial, and i agree, let's not be angry at eachother. but that was my fault, sorry :doh:

No worries mate we are all here to have fun and be happy, remember my friend the nail that stands tall soon gets hammered in.

Use it mate, make a nice siggy line.

Back