What's new

Photoshop colouring fill request

Hi Everyone,

So I am just in the process of finalizing a few last minute items before my wedding in 2 weeks. One of which is for my photobooth, as we were asked to design the cartoon's we want on the photostrips as well as the 'touch to start' screens.

Anyhow, so I spent a long time drawing them on paper and scanned it on my computer, but need some help from you guys to help me fill out the colour using photoshop... this way I can send it over to the photobooth company to be used.

I have 3 photos in total:

#1) Ask:
- girl - light brown / dark brown hair colour, light skin tone, red dress
- guy - black hair, light skin tone, grey vest, black tie, light blue dress shirt, dark grey pants

001.jpg

#2) Ask:
- girl - light brown / dark brown hair colour, light skin tone, white dress/gown
- guy - black hair, light skin tone, black bow tie, white dress shirt, charcoal/dark grey suit, black shoes

002.jpg
#3) Ask:
- no specific preference- this would be the "thank you" page for our photobooth, so can be a complete surprise.

003.jpg
Thank you all!

Appreciate all the help I can get in such a short notice!

fredfish

Guru
This is number 1. If it is the sort of thing you want I will carry on with the others.

Untitled-1.jpg

Cheers

John

Thank you John these are wonderful!!!

Would you be able to send me the photoshop file so I can take a look at how it's done and learn from it?

fredfish

Guru
View attachment Untitled-3.psdView attachment Untitled-2.psdView attachment Untitled-1.psd

No problem.

Essentially the process is as follows:
  • Add a levels layer and adjust to get the best B/W image
  • Select by colour range to select the black lines (this is because there will be some white fringing around the black lines)
  • Fill the selection with black to get a good solid black outline
  • Once you have this delete all the white
  • Place the outline layer at the top of the layer stack
  • Create a layer below
  • Paint with the individual colours (doing it this way will ensure a good outline)

Hope this helps

Cheers

John