What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop CS5 print settings

mrs_piggy

Hi! I use a MAC and an epson printer to do my greeting card graphics. My printing problem began when we upgraded to CS5. With the old version, the colors printed as they were seen on the monitor. Now, the colors are darker and duller on the printout. Please let me know how I can adjust the settings. I don't understand most of the options. :sad:

You can use View|Proof Setup Custom to see how an image will look.
When printing at home under Device to Simulate enter the exact paper you're going to use, and toggle with Ctrl+Y, Cmd+Y on the Mac.

You can make contrast, color, saturation adjustments, etc., to get the image to look the way you want it to look.

In the Printer duologue area the printer profile needs to be the paper you're using, Epson semigloss, Epson Photo Rag, etc.
I don't think there's a setting for plain paper.

Open Printer Settings and make sure ALL printer color management settings, effects, enhancement, etc., are disabled.

Attachments

• print.jpg
    print.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 7

Back