What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop JPEG saves as PS?

nexgraphics

Hi, I don't know why but something happened recently and when I hit SAVE AS files, and try to make them JPEGS, even though they really are, they show up in the explorer as PS (see attachment). Even if I upload to wordpress or sny other software they don't show up with the image, they show up unreadbale. Why is this happening?

Thanks

lee

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    599 KB · Views: 3

thebestcpu

Guru
My best guess is that when using Save As you did not select JPG file at the bottom of the panel in the Format dropdown yet made the 3 letter file extension .JPG

I believe the pop up information is based on the 3 letter extension even if the contents are PSD.

How the thumbnail image is formed depends on what is loaded in your OS.

I suggest re-saving the original image with the Format dropdown set to JPEG and make sure the extension it is saved with is also .JPG and see if that fixes your problem.

Just a suggestion.