What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Review Client's Bicycle Website

DesignMyBox

Hero Cycles is one of the largest manufacturers of bicycles in India. We have been asked to re-design the company website. But before we actually start the process, I request you fellow forum members to visit the site and tell me what you feel is wrong with the website.

Please give your critiques on the Design aspect as well as the Coding of the website. Your criticism will be highly appreciated as it will help us re-design the site in best possible manner.

Link to the website : Here

Thanks,
DMB

iDad

Guru
to be honest, I think there is to much going on, my eyes were not fixed to one subject for more than a second or to..to much motion.........

Amadis

It's just too much motion and it keeps looping wich makes it harder to focus at one specific thing like trying to look at the kids zone the eye gets pulled to the banner ...

Gaussian

Retired Administrator
I agree, not a fan of all the animated gif's... also too much white.

I would try to simplify the design a lot.... it's way too busy.

Steve

Retired Administrator
Yeah I agree it's way to busy.
An annoying "Welcome to Hero Cycle" box blocking part of the page is distracting too.

The site is about bikes but that's being overwhelmed links for innovation, Promotions, building relationships, etc. along with the explanations.
Descriptive links and no explanation is all you need.

When I open the page I'd like to see bicycles, it's like the designer tried to get every possible thing on the home page.

I click that little cross on my the tab when there is a pop up add before even being able to look at the site.

Login/ftp=delete.files /true + start over = win!!

What a nightmare, i would be kicking someones ass if they made my site like that, i'm not sure how they sell anything..

Start over completely, redsign the whole dam thing from header to footer... Tone down all the busyness and make it user friendly and easy on the eyes...

I would probably start on the Navigation and then work on the home page...

iDad

Guru
Come on Kev............Tell him how you really feel:rofl:

iDad

Guru
I know it is, I said it first .just in a different way LOL

Wetstuff

I had to look when I saw 'bikes'. I love bikes. I did not like that page.

I see a site as the entry to a store. I would not walk into that store if I was walking along the street. I do not have an Apple store near me, but I betcha -even if you are not a MacAddict- you would walk in for a peek.

On your index page: I think you need to be a little stingy with actual product but generous with mood. I would rather have seen a photo - shot from the second floor of a traffic light- with a thousand of your bikes with happy, pretty people waiting for the light to change. ...the light changes after 15 seconds : Page 2 pops open!. India is so full of life/color - it should be easy.

Jim

..... I mess with Dune Buggys and someone brought this to my attention. I love the first photo. Campagna- Fun, Style, Performance

Last edited: