What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with the 3D rotate options

leo_f

I'm trying to do a normal isometric view but this is the final result : (see the immage below)

what's wrong? On the left there is the wrong view and on the right the original one.
Maybe a problem with the groups?

I'm new here, so I hope to have write on the right forum!
Thanks a lot :)

leoerror.JPG

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Is that done in Autocad?

There's sometimes a tendency of CAD files opened in CS to "explode". It's because of the "layered" nature of the plotted coordinates in the CAD file.

I haven't used Autocad for a long while now and in tandem with CS 4 or a higher version, but try exporting the file as an object (if possible) and import into CS. Or see if you can group all the plots into a single group (or the Autcad equivalent of "Flatten"), save and import into CS.

I might be wrong... but might as well rotate it into the view you need in Autocad and export/import it into CS for whatever editing you plan to do with it.

If your trying to create an aerial perspective view, take a full screen grab of your plan view, paste into your CS document and try the perspective transform control. I used to do this when I create architectural renders from CAD files. Also try and see if the 3d rotate will work on it.

You could try other CAD to CS tips apart from what I suggested here.... http://www.cadtutor.net/tutorials/autocad/autocad-to-photoshop.php .

Hang on... others may have a suggestion for you.....

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I think in the above tutorial I posted, exporting the file as an EPS to import into CS might do the trick.....

I'm moving your thread to the General Photoshop Board.

leo_f

I think in the above tutorial I posted, exporting the file as an EPS to import into CS might do the trick.....

I'm moving your thread to the General Photoshop Board.

Hm, I've done it with ArchiCAD, but i could try to export it in EPS.. It's first time I've this problem. :frown:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Hm, I've done it with ArchiCAD, but i could try to export it in EPS.. It's first time I've this problem. :frown:

OK... ArchiCad....

Not that I've used it and I may be wrong but what I know is you have to export a 3dModel into Artlantis (http://www.artlantis.com/en/plugins/archicad) .

In Artlantis, create a rendering and saved as a a multi-layered raster image Photoshop file.

If you don't have or don't use Artlantis, try exporting as EPS .

Or save as a pdf . Check this discussion out .... http://forums.cgarchitect.com/19484-archicad-photoshop.html