What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

problems with photomerge

john hulland

HI. i have been trying too merge images together in photomerge. am doing something wrong as there not merging properly.
it probably something am not doing at the beginning. or am i trying too merge too many pictures?

8.jpg

Thanks for your help
cheers john.

fredfish

Guru
Hi John

Sorry I am sure I am just being unobservant - what is the problem?

Cheers

John

fredfish

Guru
If you mean the fact that the top and bottom edges are "jagged" I am afraid that is how photomerge works. You need to take this in to consideration when taking your original photos - you will always have to sacrifice some of the top and bottom.

You could try clone stamping to replace the missing areas - or using content aware fill (it will be considerably easier with the top of the image rather than the bottom).

Cheers

John

fredfish

Guru
A very quick edit using content aware fill gives this - it is clearly not perfect as there is some repetition but it has filled in the white areas (as I said before - more effectively at the top rather than the bottom).

CONTENT AWARE.jpg

Cheers

John