What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PS for video/animation: how do I zoom to a precise point?

guermantes

Hello,
I am trying out PS for video for the first time and want to create a zoom effect from a photograph. I want to zoom in on teh eye of the cat, but all PS is offering me in the option is to click a point in teh 3x3 grid to select as a zoom to point. Can I not set my own point that I want to zoom to?

Untitled-2.jpg

Of course you will have a limited zoom capability with Photoshop. The best way to do what your probably wanting is to create the zoom effect when the original video was being shot.

But here is a way for you to do a slight zoom effect in Photoshop. Take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM5pIHS5j74

I suggest you watch the whole video, but she starts talking about video zoom at about 7:06.

Of course you will have a limited zoom capability with Photoshop. The best way to do what your probably wanting is to create the zoom effect when the original video was being shot.

But here is a way for you to do a slight zoom effect in Photoshop. Take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM5pIHS5j74

I suggest you watch the whole video, but she starts talking about video zoom at about 7:06.

Thanks! Seeing that video, it dawned upon me that I need to pan and zoom and not just zoom! :thumbsup:Then I can "zoom in on" the eye a bit at least even though I can't set an endpoint the eye should be at the end of the animation! After a full minute the eye still hasn't reached the center of the frame. Too bad there is no way to increase the speed of of the animation.:confused:
I guess I would need more powerful tools for that.

Last edited:
If you have 3D tools there is a way to Pan and Zoom.
Just make a Postcard layer from your image and animate the camera view.

Back