What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PSE13-64bit and .8bf plugin filter files

jimcornetet

I'm a complete newbie that just bought PSE13-64bit and I have it installed on my Win8-64bit OS.

I have a ton of 32bit plugin filter files (*.8bf) and when I drop them in the PSE13 plugin folder, they never show up in the Filter> section within the PSE13-64bit software.

Please help me figure all this out. Details on how would really help me.

Thanks

PSE13.jpg

You've kind of answered your own question really....32bit plugins don't work in a 64bit application.

In the full versions of PS both a 32 and 64 bit version is installed to allow you to use older 32bit plugins but I'm unsure as to whether PSE-13 also does this.

If you have a 32bit version then it's that plugin folder that you need to use...not the 64bit one.

If you don't have a 32bit version then there is not much you can do....plugins are written for either one or the other, not both.

Regards.
MrToM.

Back