What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Read license number plate, someone hit my car

Amaark

Someone hit my car and i have cctv but the number plate is blurry can someone pretty please use their awesome photoshop skills to unblurry it to their best of abilities?

Please read the licence number plate of the black Mitsubishi Ute that reversed onto my black mazda... They made a verrryyy big damage and drove off, the ute is between the yellow triangle pole

I do have more photos and i have the video that you can extract frames from but iv attached the most clearest one i think

I think maybe it starts with 153, there is a second photo where its a V or a Y but i dont know its placement

The number plate is 6 characters, it can start with letter or numbers

Iv attached a .zip file with the frames i managed to get and you can download the video from here:

https://ufile.io/h9xmz

maybe you can find a better point in the video where the number plate is more readable

2018-6-28-10-2-26-263.png

Attachments

• FrameExtractorRfgm.zip
    24.2 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
This is going to be tough if that's the cleanest image you have.

Here's what we are working with, not much data there to see:

2018-6-28-10-2-26-263-lic.jpg

Some filters applied. Still quite difficult to read.

2018-6-28-10-2-26-263-lic-z.jpg

I really appreciate you help, i have attached other photos in the zip file that has alot of other photos, can you pretty please try them? Or check the video and i can extract the frames of which part you want

I checked all the images. It's good you have the tag from several different angles, might help to guess what it reads. However there is just not enough definition to get a clear result in any of the images.

You do also have what appears to be the driver on video, although not much definition there either:

2018-6-24-12-38-14-430.mp4_snapshot_00-perp.jpg

Lol, okay, i appreciate your help heaaappss... I just i have to start 676 guesses to figure the other 2

Maybe someone else can work some magic on one of the tag images, or post a series of images from different angles and we can all have a guess.

Not sure if your local police would be interested in a series of guesses they could run to see if one of them matches the vehicle, but you could ask them to find out.

Maybe someone else can work some magic on one of the tag images, or post a series of images from different angles and we can all have a guess.

Not sure if your local police would be interested in a series of guesses they could run to see if one of them matches the vehicle, but you could ask them to find out.
I can check my self online if it matches a vehicle... Thats the easy part... I think i have to extract better photos from the video and then look at all the number plates and ill have a better guess, ill put them up once done... Its a troublesome task...

Tested with 14 photos merged, unfortunately there is just not enough data in this license plate because it has 7px of height, a little better quality and probably we could do much more.

Tested with 14 photos merged, unfortunately there is just not enough data in this license plate because it has 7px of height, a little better quality and probably we could do much more.
So what if you increase the image size to 300 dpi and then tried merging them, wont that give you bigger than 7px

So what if you increase the image size to 300 dpi and then tried merging them, wont that give you bigger than 7px
Maybe you can also use the contrast and shadow and highlights and increase blacks and whites and sharpness before merging them, maybe that will give a better chance?

Yes it will result in a larger image, but it can't magically make up data that was not there to begin with. All it will do is enlarge and resample the original data from the 7px area of the first image. Nothing new will be added.

If i provide alot more photos from extracting hem from the frames will it be better or still because they are 7px

I didn't try merging multiple images. It's an interesting idea if there are certain frames with more pixels in specific areas of the license plate than others. This should probably be the case with such footage.

We do have some very talented members here, but unfortunately there is very little information in these images where the license plate is located.

This is a really unfortunate situation to be in. I hope someone can surprise us and work some magic for you, however I wouldn't get your hopes up too much because it may be an impossible task if the data is just not there in any of the images.

Back