What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Realistic Apple Digital Painting

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredfish

Guru
I love the apple - I am not so keen on the reflection.

Cheers

John

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Zain.

Very cool. Good job.

Can you tell us how you painted the water drops?

edit: Also, do you have the reference photo you used to paint the Apple? It helps to make comparisons.

Zain Khan

Banned
Realapple.jpgTheseb2.jpg
Real Apple VS Digital painting. (All the textures and spots were painted from scratch). I will be interested to know if I can post a breakdown of this somewhere? So others can learn or get an Idea.

fredfish

Guru

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the breakdown!

Maybe you could post a tutorial on how you painted the water drops. That would be great.

Zain Khan

Banned
I will for sure. As soon as I get some time to compile those images in a step by step breakdown. I will :)

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I will for sure. As soon as I get some time to compile those images in a step by step breakdown. I will :)
Thanks!

Just a note, I don't want a breakdown like you did with the apple, I'm really interested in you showing us how you painted the water drops in a step by step tutorial. It would be greatly appreciated.

Zain Khan

Banned
Well here it is. The realistic water drop effect tutorial. Thats how I did it :)

Mod Edit: Video removed as it is not in compliance with our rules.

inkpad.t

Guru
Zooming on the apples stalk, it looks like some kind of image overlay and not painted, sorry but just looks like that, Just my opinion only. Will wait for tut.

Pipsmom

Guru
Zain thank you for the great tutorial but I can't read the red area in the video it's all fuzzy in places...can you fill in the blanks what it shows the red or change it all to black so it's clear....pretty please :cheesygrin:

Examples

IMG_6046.JPG

IMG_6044.JPG

Last edited:

Zain Khan

Banned
oops I am so so sorry. I am very bad as it was my first tutorial ever Anyways here is the list of the words in red :D
" Change the blend mode of the layer to OVERLAY"
"Until you get the result as ABOVE"
"Create a new layer BELOW"
"layer to 35%"
"Create a NEW LAYER"
"around 15%
"black color on the MASK"

Zain Khan

Banned
Not your fault. Anyways I am making that video and you shall have it soon by tomorrow or day after tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.