What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Refining a pictue

blasteralfred

Hi friends,

I am attaching two pictures of same bird. In the first pic (bird1.jpg), the features I noticed are;
  • Color of the beak
  • Purplish tint on the wings
  • Pleasant yellow color behind head
  • Green colour of the leaf
In the second pic (bird2.jpg), all the above mentioned features are different. Is here any way to correct or change it? I don't know if any other settings will help. Somebody please tell me how to do this.

Thanks in advance.
bird1.jpgbird2.jpg

Last edited:

polarwoc

Guru
Color of the beak

You can change the colour of the beak in Photo 2 by selecting the beak accurately, masking rest of the pic, then applying colour change on it. Something similar to this post here.
Purplish tint on the wings

The iridiscence can be achieved by selecting the target area, masking out rest of the area, finding a high quality image showing iridiscence, clipping it, changing Blending mode to something like Colour.
Pleasant yellow color behind head

Yellow behind head is not much visible in second pic, but if you want to apply a darker colour on that little bit that is visible, it is same as changing beak colour above.
Green colour of the leaf

Most leaves are out of focus in the second image. My first attempt in achieving this would be to use Hue/Saturation adjustment on those leaves that are still in focus.

Seeing your past queries, I am assuming your skills on PS are receptive to above suggestions. While you attempt, post screen shots and ask questions if you encounter difficulty.

Have a great creative time.

blasteralfred

Hi @polarwoc , thanks for your reply.

I understand your points, and I can very well do that. But, in order to achieve a more "natural" look, this time I don't want to go for selection based adjustments. I was looking for some adjustments applicable to the entire photo. I ended up with "Color Balance", I just decreased yellow and increased blue. I am attaching the result, still I don't think it is perfect. Please share your feedback.

Thank you.

edit_1.jpg

Last edited:

polarwoc

Guru
I managed to get some Iridiscence on the plumage using Vibrance. This is my result:
1665-After-bird2.jpg
And these are the settings I used:
1665-After-bird3.jpg
I did not make changes in the Shadows portion of Colour Balance.