What's new

Removing background grid and "glueing" tiles together

bassnium

Hi.

I have a tileset that needs to be imported to a tile map editor. Problem is, I need to remove the background grid and join every tile together.

Is there a way to automatically remove the background and make all tiles run constinuously, glued to each other?

I could select each tile individually and put them side by side, of course, but I'm wondering if there's a way to make that task faster and easier.

here's the image:

260.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

colleague

Guru
if all images were 16 px x 16 px then it would be possible with an action
but what about the other pieces , and is the green to be removed and becomes transparent ?

Attachments

colleague

Guru
if you can start with a perfect grid ( 17 px x 17 px and Always 1 pixel is green pixel-line )

then an action will be very simple
select all -- move selection 17 pixels to left-- move image1 pixel to the right
and that will remove 1 vertical green line and repeat the action untill every vertical line is removed

then make an action for the horizontal lines
select all - move selection 17 pixels to bottom - move image 1 pixel to the top
and that action will remove 1 horizontal line and repeat the action untill every horizontal line is removed

then crop the image and done
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vwxrf75klul9pfs/grid.mp4?dl=0

Attachments

Last edited:

bassnium

if you can start with a perfect grid ( 17 px x 17 px and Always 1 pixel is green pixel-line )

then an action will be very simple
select all -- move selection 17 pixels to left-- move image1 pixel to the right
and that will remove 1 vertical green line and repeat the action untill every vertical line is removed

then make an action for the horizontal lines
select all - move selection 17 pixels to bottom - move image 1 pixel to the top
and that action will remove 1 horizontal line and repeat the action untill every horizontal line is removed

then crop the image and done
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vwxrf75klul9pfs/grid.mp4?dl=0

Thank you SO MUCH for this video, colleague. Now I can "glue together" any tileset. :naughty::)