What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing Green Screen

MinnArtist

I have a new customer who sent me a few hundred images which one of his employees shot against a green background. It would be easy enough to remove the background, but the green is reflecting on lighter colored products (Like a gray sweatshirt) and some of the pictures are of transparent items, (like a clear, plastic cup, or a product in a clear, plastic bag).

He claims that Photoshop (Which he admitedly knows nothing about) has a "Chroma Green Remover" - You just wave your magic wand and the green disappears. He also claims that he used to send his images "overseas" to have this done and they came back in a matter of an hour or two.

I have been using Photoshop since version 3.5 and have never heard of such a technique (Using CS3 now). Is there a way to do this, or should I have him re-shoot the pics?

Attachments

• MIST-CLR-24-GR.jpg
    MIST-CLR-24-GR.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 25

hawkeye

Guru
If it was a solid object it would be rather easy using a variety of methods, but on a transparent object it isn't going to work since the object is green as well.

MinnArtist

Thanks Hawkeye, I think I have him convinced now that he needs to shoot on a neutral background.

Hoogle

Guru
Green chroma key is an after effects plugin and yes you can load up a photo and do it in after effects however After effects is memory heavy so doing a few hundred images will take forever.

Hoogle

Guru
oh fx home do a plug in called photokey 4 is the latest version it is expensive but is literally a 1 click remove green or blue screen from images in photoshop.