What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

removing whitish shadow

gautamz07

Power User
hey guys , wass up . need a small help :D

have a look at the image below :

banner.jpg

now i have edited the above image and added my own sofa , like so .

furniture-1.jpg

but my sofa has some white shadow on the top cushions , see below ::

white-shadow.jpg

how do i remove those white shadows ? :(

Thank you .

You mean the light on top parts of pillows? [emoji14] I don't know how you build your file but I would first try creating new layer and clipping it with sofa layer, and softly brush on new layer with color picked on front sofa part. That's would be my way :)

Hi gautam

This is not a white shadow. That comes from your inaccurate masking.
You have to learn to work with the Pen tool, which is a must for professional jobs.

Then you forgot to mask of a part of the original image. There is no excuse for an error like this.

Even if your boss wants to see fast results, you could only present "this composite" to him as a draft.
But afterwards you have to redo it completely.

Bildschirmfoto 2015-06-11 um 16.40.13.png
I lightened the image for you to see the Pen tool line.

rev thanks for yoru inputs .
Chris , thanks for your advice and yes i do use the pen tool occasionally , i know there are some situations in which you can just can't do without it :D

@agent , i have made another edit , check it out ...

My edit

about-bg.jpg

original image here ::

furniture-1-oo.jpg

Thanks guys !

This looks much better gautam.

But still a few things need some attention.
1. Background is blotchy.
2. Reflection has to be the same size as the furniture.
3. I did change the perspective a little with the warp tool.

furniture-1-oochrisdesign.jpg

chrisdesign thanks for the inputs , did't think that would get noticed , but eyes of an eagle . btw , the first image with the single sofa , is also an edit. :D

Thanks alot .

Back