What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Request - Get rid of background color

FranG56

Hi,

Would someone be able to help me get rid of the background color in this illustration. I am new to photoshop or any other program for that matter. Did try to laso it, that didn't work. I need the middle baroque only.
HiRes.jpg

Sorry Zee by the time my 15 mb psd upload had finished you had already posted it. Mine is the full size image though and should not have lost any quality

yeah no worries, i just needed something to do :p i was bored so i had a little browse around for something to do, sometimes i do miss windows ans it's gaming capabilities :p

Thank you so much. It looks great. But I cannot get it into the labeling program which will only let me upload a: jpg, jpeg, gif or png. I don't need it that big if that matters.

You don't know how much I appriciate this. I have asked so many people I know to help me, and they said they couldn't do it. I have been scrambling to get this done for a while know. If you can change the format, even if you make the image smaller that would be OK. The labels are not that big, they are 4 x 4 labels and that picture will go on a grey background smack i n the middle.

just resize the psd file and save it as a png when you say 4 x 4 do you mean inches

You'll never learn by asking others to do it for you.

Convert the background layer to a regular layer (alt+dbl click).

Then make a selection of the crest. I did this using just the quick selection tool. After it's selected just hit ctrl+j to copy the selection to a new layer. My example could use a couple more clicks here and there to get it right, but it's just not that hard. This only took about 30 seconds.

Done

I just right clicked it from here and saved it to my computer. You don't know how much this means. Great job and thank you for taking the time.

Thank you so much. As you can see I am not too good at this at all. I right clicked the image on your thread and downloaded to my computer. I am able to use it now. Thanks for taking the time. You are very kind.

Back