What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

REQUEST remove fence and background from B&W picture

jealousisjelly

Hi, everybody. I don't know anything about photoshop so I have a request... I would appreciate it if someone could remove the fence and whats left of the background in this picture for me. thanks

2.jpg

here's the original picture if it helps

GEDC0605.JPG

the white doesnt really matter cuz I'm going to make everything but the black transparent

Good luck mate, and welcome by the way.

How much will you appreciate it? We are here to help if you need instructions.....we are also here to do paying jobs for peeps. Which is this?

Peeps, i ain't read that word for a long time mate.

ok started it off but I am off to bed now and will not be able to put any more time into it.
this really should be in the paid freelance section as I have spent nearly 45 mins on it as it is. maybe that will be enough for you to get your line drawing hence not paid that much attention to the detail.
I have however puppet warped some of the faces back and liquified it a bit. the rest is a lot easier so maybe someone else will finish it off for you and then fine tune it
GEDC06053256.jpg

Last edited:
Sometimes, if you've got a good selection of the fence, grid, noise, etc, you can get rid of it by using Patch tool, shifting the source selection to and fro by relatively small amount several times.

With luck, it can save lot of time and efforts:cheesygrin:.

This is after two hours of clone stamping and healing tool.GEDC0605 copy.jpg
pencil.png

Good Job Stric9 But I think this was just a training exercise for you I dont think the original poster has been back. I am glad I did not put any more time into mine but at least you have something good for your portfolio. all though is that orange peel above his head or is that some effect from your watermark ???

if you look close you see the juice from that orange on her face.. lol

Well I think He has done an excellent job it was not easy to do more time consuming and it shows there are still people willing to invest at least 2 hours on a job for a freebie I know it is not about the money all the time but for that quality work deserves something. On a funnier note he may look like he is loosing the big sis kiss battle but he sure got her beforehand with that black eye lol.

Well I think He has done an excellent job it was not easy to do more time consuming and it shows there are still people willing to invest at least 2 hours on a job for a freebie I know it is not about the money all the time but for that quality work deserves something. On a funnier note he may look like he is loosing the big sis kiss battle but he sure got her beforehand with that black eye lol.

I think this qualifies as a paid job and I agree with Steve on this and doing freebies when others would like to be paid for significant stretches of time invested.

Great work Stric9!

Definately and at least you he has watermarked it so the op cant just come back and take it without even a thank you. Would be a shame to turn that hard work and patience into a line drawing now wouldnt it.

yeah that black eye could be lightned pretty easy if they have an interest in it. I didn't figure it would show up in a line drawing anyways.

ok started it off but I am off to bed now and will not be able to put any more time into it.
this really should be in the paid freelance section as I have spent nearly 45 mins on it as it is. maybe that will be enough for you to get your line drawing hence not paid that much attention to the detail.
I have however puppet warped some of the faces back and liquified it a bit. the rest is a lot easier so maybe someone else will finish it off for you and then fine tune it
View attachment 7970

that looks really good. I do really appreciate you taking the time to do that.. I'm not just trying to get this done and leave

I dont know your rules here I just googled an found this site but do u want me to pay for the picture without the watermark whats the price?

Im going to be around here I really want to learn how to use photoshop but I just wanted to get this right now so I can can try to carve it with a cnc machine, cuz I just started school learning machining and I wanted to try doing this picture of my little cousins using Photovcarve...

If u can give me instructions or tutorials that are already around if u can point me in the right direction like I said Im new here I just found this site and Im trying to learn.

For Cloning it is helpful to have the crosshairs in the the brush. To enable this go to Edit>Preferences>Cursors and click the box.
1.jpg
Duplicate your background layer by going to Layer>Duplicate Layer. Hide your background layer, and create a new layer above the Background copy.
Select your clone tool. I have my tool setting set like this
2.jpg
Now use pick a place from where you want to clone buy using the alt key and click, then it will clone that area to where ever you click.
3.jpg
4.jpg
Use a combination of the clone stamp, healing brush and blur tool to get something like this.
5.jpg
When you have an area close to being done make sure all you shadows and highlights match, and fill them in accordingly.

Unfortunately there isn't an exact science for this stuff each little area is going to require its own detail. That is why this project took me 2+ hours to do. Wish I could give you an exact walk through on this but that is not practical, or possible.

Hope this helps.

Seriously though if you need this doing quickly and want good results then I advise you to offer stric something for his files if he still has them this was quite some time ago so my version has been deleted. Yes it is all very well understanding the principal of cloning but there are all sorts of brush modes do you do it on original layer or on a new layer with sample from below layer. I guarentee hardly anyone actually changes the default settings of the clone tool other than maybe hard or soft brush opacity etc. Not many people even know you can clone on a new empty layer sampling the layer below. If you open up the clone tool window you can change the angle for example off set and many more options.Then there is also the 2nd part of the editing where you would be advised to finish off with a paint brush sampling the colours using a soft brush and setting the mode to darken or lighten etc. Of course that is if you want a photo that does not look photoshopped if you just want a line drawing for carving into wood then yes you should be able to just do it with the clone tool with little experience needed.

Back