What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

resource download section?

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
just thinking, for all the resources users put up, they should be put into a download section of resources, so fellow users don't have to have the mundane job of searching for something they found on here say... a week ago but they can't find it now.

just an idea, like many others, i have an opinion and a voice, i like to express both adequately.

That would be nice, the problem is how do you index them?

I know vBulletin's search engine isn't as good as I would like.
Go to advanced search and enter a word in the Tag: box and on top search all types and see if that helps.
If the word is indexed suggestions will come up.

What is it you're looking for anyway?

me? oh i wasn't looking for anything in particular, just sparked the idea :p
indexing? wouldnt have a clue, too many uses for the word, confuses my tiny brain :p
i was thinking along the lines of grab a page set it up as downloads, have "textures,models, brushes, misc. etc" then for each have a download link, they would have to be set up into packs though :/ suppose it aint that simple is it? :p

LOL, no that was a rhetorical question.
I've had problems with searches myself trying to find posts I know existed.
Using the Tag option is probably the best way to find what you need, I don't think there's another way to do it.

If I could suggest:

Use a Google generic site search function:

Let's take one of Zeealex's suggestions: "textures".

In the Google search bar, type: textures, then leave a space and type site:photoshopgurus.com, then hit the enter key. For most sites on the web you can enter a term, then site:whateversite.com (or org, or net, or...)

Give it a shot! I think you'll be pleased with the result!

NOTE: Please check the url's of the search results BEFORE you click on the links! If there is not sufficient response from the site for a selected term, Google will then put any "hit" it gets in the results list and it can get a bit "strange" at times. "Leather", especially, gets some really odd results. You
HAVE been warned!

I no its a bot but i got to do it BUGGER OFF.

I like this idea, but I'd also like to expand on it. Maybe a place to share favorite sites for stock images, textures, etc.

There is a DVD cover site my guy goes to (people who design custom dvd covers) where they have a "resources" section. When a member runs across a good resources, they post a link. They have a thread for backgrounds, textures, brushes, fonts and stock images. All resources posted there must be free.

I have a whole list of such sites and I bet a few of you do, too. I see a place on PSG for brushes, but could we expand on it for others resources?

We currently have the following sections available.

Quick-Tips and Techniques
Absolute Favorite Tools
Photoshop Filters, Plugins & Effects
Photoshop Brushes
Photoshop Actions & Automation

I have to think a lot of what we're talking about can fit into these categories.

I'm sure it would and I totally understand not wanting to clutter up a forum with boards you don't know will be useful. Perhaps I'll start a thread and if it takes off someone can sticky it?

The only thing I see missing from that list is a resources for free stock images and backgrounds. I have literally hundreds of backgrounds and textures that were freely shared originally. I wouldn't mind putting them up somewhere.

Back