What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Royal photoshop

Paul

Former Member
Media outlets are reporting that this image of the Royals may have been manipulated, what do you think?

12391979_1040008922687604_9157400199927344164_n.jpg
:mrgreen:

peta62

Guru
Media outlets suspect the text was not on the grass :cheesygrin: Or they do not have anything better to write about ?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well I would think that there is absolutely no doubt that the image has been manipulated. The question is, to what degree?
Paul what do the reporting media outlets think has been done to this image?

Paul

Former Member
The new baby's face looks to have been manipulated/pasted from another image of her.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hummnnnn. Could be Paul. My question is......who's holding the baby?

It's possible that the baby's face was swapped, it's hard to tell but it would not surprise me at all. Getting two kids to have acceptable facial expressions in the same shot is a challenge. The sweater is a bit soft. This could be from using the Sharpen Tool on her face. I think it been altered, what I don't understand is what's the big deal? Why is it getting so much attention?

Steve

Retired Administrator
Don't know if it's shopped or not but isn't it a shame that real life isn't good enough for anyone any more.

Today any pic or snapshot seems to shopped by those that can.
I would expect any pic of the Royals had something done to it.

peta62

Guru
It's possible that the baby's face was swapped, it's hard to tell but it would not surprise me at all. Getting two kids to have acceptable facial expressions in the same shot is a challenge. The sweater is a bit soft. This could be from using the Sharpen Tool on her face. I think it been altered, what I don't understand is what's the big deal? Why is it getting so much attention?

Exactly, who cares as long as it is the same baby. I think it is a different case when we discuss it from the Photoshop point of view. I agree with you, but the hair above the head sudden ending seems a bit unnatural to me.

... but isn't it a shame that real life isn't good enough for anyone any more.

I think it was always the case, we tried to improve pictures in the darkrooms, now it is Photoshop. I would understand nobody wants to show mistakes that can be fixed. But I agree with you, it would save us plenty of time if the culture was "shot & show".

Last edited: