What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Save a photo

Spiritwalker

A friend of mine's daughter passed away a while ago, and this is one of the only photos they have of her. It is damaged, so I took a picture of the photo with my camera, but I simply do not have the skill to restore this pic.

I am uploading the PSD file, but if somebody need it in another format, I will gladly upload again.

I appreciate any help offered.

Picture.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

gedstar

Guru
Hi Paul

Hope you don't mind, I just tried to enhance your image a little, I will have to do a bit more work on it later

P.S great work BTW!

Picture3.jpg

Last edited:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Can anyone explain to me what causes these artifacts?
I removed the noise using Topaz DeJpeg and DeNoise but I can't get rid of those ones.
To shapen the image I used a High Pass filter making the problem even worse.

Picture artifacts.png

gedstar

Guru
I removed the noise using Topaz DeJpeg and DeNoise but I can't get rid of those ones.

View attachment 60268

Hi Eggy

Don't know what causes it but i do know one thing it's not easy to repair, I think you done a pretty good job considering the damage!

Regards
Ged

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Wow! You guys work fast.

I work to slow at trying to save the details.

Orig
Screen Shot 2015-12-05 at 8.57.16 AM.png

Retouched (still needs work)
Screen Shot 2015-12-05 at 8.57.32 AM.png

Paul

Former Member

View attachment 60268

I think it is to do with the photo paper, in some areas on certain photo papers you get this 'thickening' of glossy/matt lacquer, to do with the drying process with older images at development stage - could be wrong though:cheesygrin:

gedstar

Guru
Nicely done Eggy, I don't think I could do any better than what you have done already, it's a tough one for sure!