What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scripting Script to ask which Printer to use

elgato74

Dear All,

I am running a batch action that prints all opened documents. I have several printers, so ideally it would ask me which printer I want to use before executing the action.

Can this be done with a script ? So ideally, I would click Automate > Batch > Play > "Print All" and then it would ask which printer ...

Thank you !

Felix

Paul MR

The Script Master
Printer functions by script are very limited, also trying to print via script in certain versions of Photoshop will crash. So I don't script any printer functions execpt one and thats:-
app.activeDocument.printOneCopy();

elgato74

Hi there Paul

Oh - I thought this would be easy.

If i hit CTRL+P it gives me the prompt to chose the printer. Can this prompt not be done with a script prior to the action ? I tried to record the action, but it simply wont give me the prompt ...

Paul MR

The Script Master
Sorry no. The print routines are very restricted and most of the time do not work at least up to CS6 (my latest version). So I don't know if anything has improved with CC versions.