What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharing Software

Mine are the old files which are no longer available and no where near the choice his new sets are and when he launches a new set then for a short period he makes his old sets available for free download then deletes them I do not see anything wrong in sharing something you can no longer get anymore especially when the person who created them gave them away for free himself. As for the Original Posters link I do not know if they are the new sets or what I wont click it. This is in no way meant to be encouraging illegal downloads this is old stuff I am sharing but it is causing offence so can some mod remove it please as I cant seem to in manage attachments.

If this offends you that I am sharing a product that was a paid for product and made available for free download when his products were updated then PLEASE DONT CLICK MY DOWNLOAD

Regardless of whether the files are still available to purchase does not give you the right to illegally share them. You do not own the copyright, you own a license to use them on your own projects.

Because CS5 is now available, does that give you the right to go freely distributing CS4? No, it doesn't.

Regardless of whether the files are still available to purchase does not give you the right to illegally share them. You do not own the copyright, you own a license to use them on your own projects.

Because CS5 is now available, does that give you the right to go freely distributing CS4? No, it doesn't.

Let me chime in now that I re-opened this part of the thread.
Adam is right, you have purchased the right to use the program.
The Adobe owns the copyright to PS.
You can't give away what you don't own.

Fair enough I did write a response earlier but the thread had been closedso did not allow me if you notice I actually removed the link and my file.

If he have made them available to the public for free without any form of restrictions added then it is no problem to make and spread copies. In legal terms it´s not he who have the copyright on the copies made by Hoogie, that copyright belongs to 100% to Hoogleman. So as far as I could see there are from a juridical point of view no crime committed here.

If he have made them available to the public for free without any form of restrictions added then it is no problem to make and spread copies. In legal terms it´s not he who have the copyright on the copies made by Hoogie, that copyright belongs to 100% to Hoogleman. So as far as I could see there are from a juridical point of view no crime committed here.

It was a paid product, Hoogleman bought them.

If in doubt then Dont post I agree with what Adam is saying If I thought I was intentionally distributing someone elses work that would be causing damage to the artist then I would not have done it Yes I paid for my actions I purchased 3 years ago and I remember because it was a week later it got released free and I thought I would be able to get a free upgrade or refund but they would not let me after a few emails sent turns out was my own fault for not waiting. And like I said I have removed my post as there is an element of doubt they have not responded to my email asking if I can share it with you guys or not but at least I have given them the respect to ask if it is ok before reposting the link. I just assumed it was a free product to download then it can be distributed. HOwever I do not agree with distributing it to make money for yourself or spreading spyware etc.

SO ONCE AGAIN I APOLOGISE IF I AM IN THE WRONG AND APOLOGISE FOR ANY OFFENCE CAUSED FOR TRYING TO BE NICE WITHOUT RESEARCHING THE LICENSE TERMS BEFOREHAND WHICH BY THE WAY I DO NOT HAVE ANYMORE>>>>>>

Also just like to state if you were trying to download them From the original poster then you were also trying to rob the artist of his work by your logic.

BUT off topic slightly can anyone clarify this for me. If I buy a Stock photograph I know I am allowed to use it in my work However am I allowed to sell that work so for example if I make a photo manipulation that uses several stock images can I sell that as a piece of artwork.

Yeah i was reading something like that the other day on some site may have been ae tuts A case where a well known youtuber was selling templates for some kind of intro all though all the work was jis he supplied a free font somewhere along the lines which because he was selling it as part of his template package then he got done. So i guess that is the same with pictures to display your work fine but if you plan on selling it in any way then it is a no go so I guess that would include custom brushes used in photoshop as well man it is so hard to legally sell anything these days.

Ok so am I allowed to sell a photo I have taken that may have say a shop logo in the background

So that is a no then I will have to photoshop out my paparazzi pictures of celebs at strip clubs then lol

Back