What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Text jumping or in motion

ManishMan

Hello Everyone, I have a text that I would like to have the effect of jumping in the air, can anyone say what is the best way produce? I was thinking of maybe a little bit of perspective with the bottom being smaller than the top but I don't know how to give it that visual of motion or as if it is jumping.. any help would be appreciated..thanks

Rich54

Guru
Here's the first thing that popped into my head. Also, go to Google Images and enter a word like "whoosh". You may get some ideas from that.

Jump.jpg

ManishMan

Here's the first thing that popped into my head. Also, go to Google Images and enter a word like "whoosh". You may get some ideas from that.

View attachment 54086

Thanks for replying, but I actually want to know how to illustrate the motion. For example I have some 2 line of text that I would like to appear as if it has just sprung off of a trampoline with the trampoline in the distant background below the text. How do I illustrate this?

ManishMan

Sort of, instead of an actual photo I would just like to illustrate/show or give the person viewing the image the impresson that the text just left the trampoline. So if I could add some lines or something showing the elevation of this. Hope I'm explaining this right, if not i'll try to explain a bit more

ManishMan

more like this.. see how the lines illustrate the pace and movement of the ball?
dodge_ball_by_H5phoenix.jpg

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ok........

Manip the text with the Free Transform function.

Use the Pen Tool to make the swish marks.

Screen Shot 2015-03-23 at 10.06.15 AM.png

Last edited: