What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Texture to 3D text

Babbette

Hi there,

I am designing a logo for a friend and their demands are pretty straightforward except for one. For some inexplicable reason, or just to punish me, they want glitterry/shimmery effect on shadow area of the 3D text-that would be the extrusion material to you and I, as in the picture below. Is this actually possibly?

So far I tried-
-Adding on glittery effect with blending options before actually turning the text into 3D. That didn't work. The blending got erased and it was just a 3d block.
-Tried adding texture to just that shadow area while it was 3D and it looked like it could work but the texture was just so stretched it didn't look like anything and I couldn't resize it to make it work. Plus it was just too dark and no amount of colour manipulation could help.

I thought if maybe I render it first, then try and select that area to add material it could work? what do you think or if you have suggestions? I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

Mock example. The arrow pointing to where they want the glittery effect.
EsLROxc.jpg

Last edited:

Back