What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the easiest way to make non fuzzy edges

thebestcpu

Guru
If that works for all of your cases you are good to go. I did not want to make assumptions about all of your designs.
The bucket fill does not work in all cases yet it may work in all of your cases.
I will assume you are good to go and best of skill on your projects and designs.
John Wheeler

samsimon

I will try to follow your steps, because bucket not working for many cases.... but I just mentioned it, because it's easy and understandable for noobs like me... Thank you

thebestcpu

Guru
I will try to follow your steps, because bucket not working for many cases.... but I just mentioned it, because it's easy and understandable for noobs like me... Thank you
I don't know how many cases it does not work for in your designs, yet the bucket tool does not work directly on Text Layers or if you are not using solid colors in your text. Yet there are many ways to get the job done, and if it is easy and works, you should use it and for those cases that it does not, you just use another way. There is no right way or wrong way if it works.
Its great that you are not letting things get in the way of your own success and try out different ways to solve your problem.
Hope you are successful in your endeavors.
John Wheeler

samsimon

Last question and I'm done, if I can ask you here? What the best easiest way to change colors, for example, I have 3 colors within my design, and I need to change all three colors, to three other different colors...

thebestcpu

Guru
Hard to know the easiest without more details yet If you are referring to PNG single pixel Layer images with 3 solid colors, a sure fire way to do this is select the individual color and fill with the new color (paint bucket or keyboard shortcuts and color swatches can speed it up). There are more ways to speed it up yet with a small number of designs, as you have found, just trying a few approaches in PS can reveal some good fast ones for your situation.
John Wheeler

samsimon

And for vector designs ( single pixel Layer images with 3 solid colors ) same steps?
"are more ways to speed it up" could you name the tool names? I will investigate them all

JeffK

Guru
5. here - how they printed my test/sample

View attachment 116258
samsimon - something isn't making sense to me looking at the test print image you show.
The white fringe is only appearing at the bottoms. I assume the black is the color of the item that you're printing on.
If the jaggies of the original art we're causing a problem, that white fringe should show up all around the artwork, not just on the bottom.
I'm beginning to think it's a printing problem and not an artwork problem.
If they're printing an underlay of white as @puraidodes had mentioned earlier, and the white fringe is only showing up on the bottoms of all the type artwork, then what you have is a printing registration problem. They're not lining up the white underlay properly under the red type.

Here's an example of poor registration on the four print colors = cyan, magenta yellow, and black:

bad register.JPG

You can see, for instance, that the cyan (blue) is dropping downwards away from the black. The red is falling upwards away from the black. They're basically out of register in one direction.
If everything was in register, all colors would line up and you would only see the black.

Is it possible you can show us a larger section of the printed piece? Just trying to see if the print is out of register as I'm thinking.

Don't get frustrated. What it also sounds like is you're buying a commodity print job and you have a customer service person who may not be looking at the problem correctly. I may be wrong- but from looking at the sample you showed, you've just got a badly printed piece.

Try to show us a larger sample of several letters - that may prove, or disprove, my point.

- Jeff

samsimon

agree with you 1000% but I emailed them 10 times, they keep saying some bs..... I think customer service and back office (printing) don't talk to each other.....
that's why I need to make sure this company cannot tell me that it's my design..... one more different POD (printing company) just told me it's my design.... :(

samsimon

Text starts at 2:49. some companies as I assume adjust their printers perfectly.... other companies want zero "shades" because they will never adjust their printings...

thebestcpu

Guru
Last question and I'm done, if I can ask you here? What the best easiest way to change colors, for example, I have 3 colors within my design, and I need to change all three colors, to three other different colors...
Last question - don't ever promise that ;)
Here is a link to the full CS4 help file (I don't know if you have access) and you can search this PDF for the many ways and tools. Too numerous to list yet you have a ton of energy so thought this might help. Pretty sure that link works.
https://tinyurl.com/cs4helpfile

John Wheeler

PS - I am sure after reading the whole document you will have a least one or two questions :)

JeffK

Guru
Text starts at 2:49. some companies as I assume adjust their printers perfectly.... other companies want zero "shades" because they will never adjust their printings...

Samsimon - this looks like a print registration problem and not an artwork problem.

Looking at the sample of the Redbubble test print, you can see the white underlay is out of register in the same downward direction throughout:

red bubble.JPG

The Printful sample has no white edges at all - top, bottom, or sides:

printful.JPG

Looking into the company, Printful has their own printing equipment and do not subcontract the printing. They're not middlemen. That can make a huge difference is quality control and customer service.

They are a bit pricier, but go with the vendor that gives you the best final product.

There's an old saying in the print industry:
"The bitterness of a job poorly done lasts longer than the sweetness of a cheap price."

Good luck with this and best of success!

- Jeff

samsimon

Two-Three other companies - have white outline.... thus maybe if I eliminate my shades, it may help..... I cannot fight with them - after they stated it's my design.... I cannot use for now printful (i got no time, money, and knowledge to build my own website...)

thebestcpu

Guru
thanks I will take a look.
For now could you tell me could be the issue here....
I found this way.... not sure for some reason, it doesn't change my second (black color) to another one

Not how that tool works. Go figure
John Wheeler

samsimon

1. THANK YOU ALL FOR THE HELP!!!!!! I figured it out, the text font in settings was set to Bold...... then i turned it off, and anti-aliasing off and text looks great!
2. Also the non transparent brush (stars, leaves, distress) "fixed" using "mask edge"set contrast to 100% and Contract/Expend to 100%
3. Just cannot figure out how to change colors, especially Black color, in few clicks :(

Last edited:

thebestcpu

Guru
OK this is along the lines of what I already recommended yet
Select color with Magic Wand Tool (first click)
Select foreground color from Swatch (second click)
Shorcut key Opt+Delete (Alt+BkSpace on PC) to fill with foreground (third click)

Should work with any color (or lack of color in the case of white or black)
John Wheeler

samsimon

Works perfectly. Thx! What about when there are 25 small black details within design? (my original issue - I've search to change the color for many small details)

thebestcpu

Guru
In the Options Tool Bar you just uncheck "contiguous" and it will select all objects of same color even if not connected to each other
John Wheeler