What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trap Time

Ekmeh

Hello there,

I'm working on a music label called "Trap Time" and one of the only things I still need is a logo. Now, I understand that I shouldn't expect a stunning logo being made for free. But since our budget isn't too high, I tried Fiverr. For 10$ I got the ugliest logo I've ever seen. Really disappointing. So I decided to make a little logo myself since I do have some designing experience (only Photoshop, not really with Illustrator and such, which is often used for this kind of work afaik). So what I'm asking you guys is if anyone could make us something with the name "Trap Time". It doesn't have to be a full logo, but like a little sketch/idea will do. Then I can work on it. I'm just out of ideas right now and can't seem to come up with something.

So the text should be Trap Time and perhaps something with a little watch or something else that has to do with time could be cool. I'm looking for a pretty thick text and not too many details. Nothing too 3Dish with lots of effects. Just something plain and catchy/cool.

Would be awesome if some of you could give it a try.

Cheers!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey.

Let's see this ugly logo and the one you did for yourself.............might help with some ideas.

Ekmeh

Hey.

Let's see this ugly logo and the one you did for yourself.............might help with some ideas.

Alright, so the Fiverr logo creator asked me for colors, and I told him/her that I don't have anything specific in mind yet, so the person gave a black/white logo with literally 0 effort put into it. The person literally just sent me something so I can't do a chargeback.
TrapTime_01.png

I messed around in Photoshop for awhile but didn't get any proper results, thus I don't have any drafts saved. That's why I'm here, to get a good idea started. What I did figure though, is that I'd love the theme color to be black/gray and red. Kind of a blood red color.

I find it very hard to achieve something similar though. Any ideas?

EDIT: So here are some screenshots. It's basically a videoclip that uses the same colors that I was thinking off. (not the same patterns and shapes and stuff, just talking about the colors here):
8934d993fd.jpg
57db248f40.jpg

Last edited:

Ekmeh

I think you got what you paid for, $10 doesn't buy much.

Yes, I get that. But this is some MS Paint level stuff. The logo's on the sales page seemed pretty decent. What what should I expect to pay then? 50eu? 100eu?

fredfish

Guru
i knocked this idea up pretty quick.

View attachment 66808

I like what you have done here - just my 2 penneth but I would make the "dropshadow" slightly less focused. At this level of definition it mainly gives the impression of something that is blurred - a bit like a stereoscopic image. Really like the idea!

I like that it works from a distance - would work well as a single tone image if necessary but also works with the subtle colour scheme you have used.

Cheers

John

Ekmeh

i knocked this idea up pretty quick.

View attachment 66808

I had already replied to this on my phone, but looking back to the thread now, the message didn't come through properly (probably my terrible wi-fi connection). So again, this logo is actually really cool! I really dig it, eventhough it has kind of a heavy metal style to it, which is not the music I focus on at all. But it isn't too much, it looks dope. Kind of what I had in mind aswell actually! :)

I do kind of agree with fredfish though, especially the "r" and "p" from "Trap" look kind of blurred rather then shadowed. I might use this though, it's really cool so thanks alot!

No words needed. The logo says it all :rofl:

View attachment 66834
:clap:

unseenmagik

Hey there, you have disabled private messages. Could you send me a PM so I can ask you something there?

Hi.
I have not disabled my private message. I will send you a PM now.
Regards
Ben

EDIT: I tried too but get this message:

[h=2]vBulletin Message[/h]Ekmeh has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Ekmeh from the recipient list and send the message again.

Last edited: