What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very frustrated: where do CS5.5 presets go?

LadyJemima

Right now, I'm setting up a brand new iMac with CS5.5. I had just gotten vaguely familiar with CS5 on my laptop, and I was hoping to simply copy and paste my Keyboard Shortcuts, Preferences, and Workspace files into the same folders on the new computer. Alas, the file setups are somewhat different.

What I can't figure out is WHERE these programs actually save these types of Presets to. They seem to be able to access my "old" files from if I drop them into certain folders through the Applications menu (see list below) but when I try to save a new Workspace or Keyboard Shortcut list, these files seem to disappear into a magical hidden folder that I cannot find.

To reiterate - below are the only locations for shortcuts/workspaces/preferences that I can find (via the Applications folder) and while the programs will read my presets from them, but they are not saving new presets to these locations:

Keyboard Shortcuts

PS - will read from, but not save to, Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS5.5/Locales/en_US/Support Files/Shortcuts/Mac

AI - will also read from, but not save to, Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS5.5/Locales/en_US/Support Files/Shortcuts/Mac

ID - will also read from, but not save to, Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS5.5/Locales/en_US/Support Files/Shortcuts/Mac

Workspaces

PS - will read from, but not save to, Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS5.5/Locales/en_US/Additional Presets/Mac/Workspaces

AI - will read from, but not save to, Applications/Adobe Illustrator CS5.5/Presets/en_US/Workspaces

ID - will also read from, but not save to, Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5/Presets/InDesign Workspaces/en_US

I haven't even begun to mess with my Pref files because I'm exhausted. :sad:

Last edited:
Yes, that's great for CS5, but 5.5 seems to be different. Workspaces, for example: I can get as far as the bold: "Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CS5Settings/WorkSpaces" and there IS no "Adobe Photoshop CS5 Settings" ... apparently 5.5 changed the layout of some of the folders. Same goes for the other things as well....and I'm kind of up a creek, here, not knowing how to find them...

Back