What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very very odd color changes based on size.

cyruswiz

Specs: I'm running windows 7 64 bit home edition and photoshop CS5 extended.

Okay, this is the strangest thing that has happened to me in my years of photoshop use... I just finished my newest photo-manipulation, and the character in it had a burgundy color which is visible at smaller sizes.(I'm talking about a flat JPEG image, this is a not a .psd problem) Once I set it to my background, view it in full screen, or everything that I uploaded to deviant art....The colors wash out, some things aren't as dark, and the character is no longer burgundy.

I'm going to try to attach a screen shot of how it should look, and a screen shot of the background problem.

YPic_CYRUS-PC_20111028-185700.jpgYPic_CYRUS-PC_20111028-185713.jpg

Hi cyruswiz

If you updated your software lately make sure your system is using the right color profile, also make sure that you are using the correct Photoshop color settings, some times color profiles get messed up.

If that doesn't work try resetting your PS preferences file by holding "Alt+Crtl+Shift" while PS is starting up.

Also you can take a look at this, Photoshop CS5 - Color Management

Hope this helps.

cyruswiz

I haven't updated recently, that I know of. And I was just using it last night and that image came out fine...

I'm not trying to be rude, this is an honest question:
Could any of that make a jpeg look different when it's different sizes?
I'm not talking about it looking one way in photoshop and one way as a jpeg. Just like the jpeg, and the jpeg at full screen or as a desktop background and the colors change.

I kind of think if a JPEG as being carved in stone...once you flatten it it looks how it looks. But this is apparently not the case :confused:

cyruswiz

bump* any ideas? I guess I could just give up and ignore it, hoping the problem doesn't show up again.. Just wondering what it was.

Hoogle

Guru
I can see it is slightly washed out is the jpeg in photoshop set to cmyk colour and your pc default colour scheme is RGB or you have 2 different colour rgb profiles set photoshop is probably set to adobe RGB 1998 and windows could have been altered go into display settings and choose colour scheme make sure they mach. I am assuming your jpeg has not been stretched.

cyruswiz

Steve- Yes, the same JPEG image.
Hoogleman- the JPEG is standard RGB color, and my PC default is RGB. Photoshop is not set to RGB 1998, it's on sRGB IEC61966-2.1 it says. Windows colors are okay, and the image has not been stretched. :/
sRGB IEC61966-2.1

Hoogle

Guru
open up the image in photoshop go to edit > colour settings you should see in the top drop down menu an option for monitor as the colour select that and press ok if the image looks like it needs tweaking then do it save it as a jpeg or preferably a png and then reasign it as your wallpaper.