What's new

Video Game Screenshot Doctoring

Crit Hit

Hello PSG !!
I need help doctoring this image and make it look more real!

7IXxti4.png

I have many Questions . But first of all i am interested on how to add depth to the hat badge (if you look closely it looks flat like a piece of paper). My guess is to play with the shadows(?).
the same goes with the golden tagc on the jacket's neck.
How do i make them look more metallic? how do i make them look like they are a realistic item (depth and shadows and highlights?)
Thanks in advance ! Looking forward to hear your advices!

Last edited:

fredfish

Guru
I appreciate that this is a screenshot from a game - but is there any possibility of a bigger image?

I would look at using something like the pen tool to isolate the elements that you want to enhance and then play with the layer styles (and yes you could add a drop shadow to add a bit of depth).

I have to go out for about 4 - 5 hours but could have a go a bit later.

As I said a bigger starting image would improve things.

Cheers

John

Crit Hit

I Have only this cropped par that was sent to me by a friend. I have bigger screenshots but they are of different poses. I could increase the number of pixels of that image if you think it could help . thanks for your reply :)

Jerry D

Power User
I cut out each piece, added bevel and emboss, drop shadows, and changed the colors a little.
Also brightened the background. Does it look better?

7IXxti4-a.png

Last edited:

Jerry D

Power User
I used the pen tool to cut out parts. Added some color to eyes, lips, and headband.....

7IXxti4-b.png

Last edited:

fredfish

Guru
I would have done it pretty much the same way as Jerry - including using the pen tool to cut out the different elements.

Nice one Jerry.

Cheers

John