What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video Game Screenshot Doctoring

Crit Hit

Hello PSG !!
I need help doctoring this image and make it look more real!

7IXxti4.png

I have many Questions . But first of all i am interested on how to add depth to the hat badge (if you look closely it looks flat like a piece of paper). My guess is to play with the shadows(?).
the same goes with the golden tagc on the jacket's neck.
How do i make them look more metallic? how do i make them look like they are a realistic item (depth and shadows and highlights?)
Thanks in advance ! Looking forward to hear your advices!

Last edited:

fredfish

Guru
I appreciate that this is a screenshot from a game - but is there any possibility of a bigger image?

I would look at using something like the pen tool to isolate the elements that you want to enhance and then play with the layer styles (and yes you could add a drop shadow to add a bit of depth).

I have to go out for about 4 - 5 hours but could have a go a bit later.

As I said a bigger starting image would improve things.

Cheers

John

Crit Hit

I Have only this cropped par that was sent to me by a friend. I have bigger screenshots but they are of different poses. I could increase the number of pixels of that image if you think it could help . thanks for your reply :)

Jerry D

Power User
I cut out each piece, added bevel and emboss, drop shadows, and changed the colors a little.
Also brightened the background. Does it look better?

7IXxti4-a.png

Last edited:

Jerry D

Power User
I used the pen tool to cut out parts. Added some color to eyes, lips, and headband.....

7IXxti4-b.png

Last edited:

fredfish

Guru
I would have done it pretty much the same way as Jerry - including using the pen tool to cut out the different elements.

Nice one Jerry.

Cheers

John