What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video tutorial- Adjust the brush hardness in seconds & more!

amigo

Hey everyone ;)

Another tutorial, this time about the brush tool.
I believe most of you already know most of the tips about the brush tool, but there is one that is new to me so I thought I'd share it with you guys.

It's a great technique for adjusting the hardness of your brush in seconds.
Usually you can only adjust the size, but this will show you how to control the Hardness as well.

So, I hope this helped some of you out.
Let me know what you think!
A-P

Thank you very much, amigo ! Can't have too many of these ... :) Hope to see more of your tutorials turning up here.

Maybe we should add that the Alt + Right-Click-And-Drag up and down to change the Brush Hardness only works in PhS CS5 ( that's a Ctrl + Click-And-Drag for you Mac users). The other trick with changing the brush size works in CS4 as well.
Same with the Alt key to sample color from the image (that's Opt key on Mac). You only get that color sampler around your cursor in CS5 - but the same works in CS4 too.

Just my $ 0.02 ...

Thank you very much, amigo ! Can't have too many of these ... :) Hope to see more of your tutorials turning up here.

Maybe we should add that the Alt + Right-Click-And-Drag up and down to change the Brush Hardness only works in PhS CS5 ( that's a Ctrl + Click-And-Drag for you Mac users).

Hey JgraphNet, thanks for the nice reply.

You are right, I did not mention this will work only on CS5 version. I appreciate the the correction.

You're welcome, amigo !
Seems I missed the first one you posted, but when I saw it after this one you asked for opinions to improve and I find it a benefit to mention what versions of PhS the demonstrated techniques are for and also - if possible - not forget the Mac users...

And if you haven't noticed yet, there is a dedicated section of the forum for Video Tutorials. That's where I among others post mine ... :)

Please keep 'em coming !!

following your advice I'll add a few annotations explaining the versions issue. It's important.

And thanks for mentioning the video tutorial section, I did originally think these 2 videos were more suitable for the quick tips and techniques section, but maybe I was wrong.

The next tutorials are possibly going to be a bit longer so I'll consider posting them in the video section!

Thanks again:)

... I did originally think these 2 videos were more suitable for the quick tips and techniques section, but maybe I was wrong.

The next tutorials are possibly going to be a bit longer so I'll consider posting them in the video section!

Well, I was just thinking they are video tutorials and it won't hurt any if that section grows ... :)

Well, I was just thinking they are video tutorials and it won't hurt any if that section grows ... :)

Hey again JgraphNet.
Just wanted to let you know that I followed your suggestion and posted my new video tutorial in the Video Tutorial Section.. Makes sense because it is a 12 minute tutorial..

See you around my friend ;)

>Makes sense because it is a 12 minute tutorial..

Yeah .. ha ha ... I totally understand you there ... you plan to do "just a short-and-quick one" and end up with a large and heavy beast ... :)
I'll have a look at it.

hey amigo nice tutorial, i actually know about since i started using photoshop...but i just have one question...with the brush tool when i hold alt and right click i cant see the red colour in my brush to indicate the change in hardness when i go up or down but it still changes...is there a way to turn this on?

and i cant see the circle to samle the colour..i can only see the eyedropper tool, and yes i am able to sample colors as well..

i just thought with the red colour and the circle for sample color is a bit more interactive, can i turn these on? thanks bro

Hey there ;)

I'm not sure about this, but check you caps lock button.
Sometimes it can affect small things and this sounds like one of them.
If it doesn't work I'm not sure what the answer is.

and by the way, you can also leave a comment on the video itself so anyone who watches the video can see the question.
See you around ;)

Back