What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wacom Inkling

hawkeye

Guru
Inkling | Wacom Americas

Just not seeing the real use for this new product, or am I missing something?

Couldn't I just sketch something on paper then scan into Photoshop? How about when you make a mistake and need to erase something?

Steve

Retired Administrator
It look like a great tool for someone that's most comfortable with sketching on paper and what's to digitize their work.
This produces vector graphics, the alternative is sketching and scanning, a very poor 2nd choice.

hawkeye

Guru
I'm speaking in reference to Photoshop, which is not vector based. At least as far as I can see looking at the videos on the Wacom site it's not outputting paths to Photoshop.

If it was then I could see a huge benefit. Maybe I just missed it.

Steve

Retired Administrator
I the video they show the image imported into the Inkling Sketch Manager which must me vector based.

I found this, near the end it shows sketches imported into PS and Illustrator.

hawkeye

Guru
Photoshop being my primary tool, I watched the video too and it does show layers, but I didn't see paths.

Fairy

As scanned picture needs to be inked first, I think inkling could be a great tool that makes it faster to make digital drawing fast.