What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UrbanPsycho.RMU

Is it possible to create a filter or template or some kind to get the same warp effect every time I add a new smart object? I photoshop t-shirt designs onto photos of the shirts themselves, but want to warp the designs so it flows with the fold/wrinkle/bends of the shirt. I can get this done by warping and individual object, but wondering if there is a way to save my warp layout so the next object will be warped in the same way.

For example, in the attached picture: if I want to replace the R with a G it would be nice to not have to go back through the whole warping process again. Just click a button and it would fit to the same warp as the R. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

clarisse-meyer-5xbdx3TqPnw-unsplash copy.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome.

I was also going to suggest the displacement map. Within the smart object, one d-map created from the tee could be applied to all letters.

UrbanPsycho.RMU

Thank you so much! That worked perfectly for the letters. Any ideas on this other image? There aren't a lot of wrinkles, but I need the text to align with the curved stripes of the shirt. I tried doing another displacement map, but it didn't give me the right effect.023 t-shirt.jpg

Rich54

Guru
Aside from painstakingly doing it manually, which you're trying to avoid, here's a way that may be good enough for your purposes. After you've entered your text, and with the Text tool activated, click on this icon here (where the red arrow is pointing), which opens the Warp Text dialog box.

1595618534418.png

The Warp Text gives you several options. I used "Flag" and set the bend to negative 6 degrees.

1595618598095.png

The final result is ok, but not great.

1595618759567.png

Lastly, Photoshop has the ability for you to enter text that conforms to a curved path that you create with the Pen Tool. Depending on your situation, that may do the job.