What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where to start? How can i learn to get this good?!

abhishah

Hi All,

I am really new to the world of animation and was hoping for some guidance, i was hoping that some day i could possibly be able to do this :

https://www.behance.net/gallery/26183403/Tullys-illustration-campaign

Do my own animated images, with my own characters designed by me?

Where should i start? Do i need to be good with drawing as well? is there a software i should begin with first?

Would really appreciate some help, thank you

Abhi

Last edited:

inkpad.t

Guru
From what i could see of the images in the link you provided they are 3d figures, props and sets. and then some possible post work in whatever software was used.

To start .... if you have no money or very little i would recd you start looking at a 3d program/software called Blender... its free and open source, That means whatever you make is yours. go here https://www.blender.org/ and take a look.

Even if you have stacks of cash would still recd you look at this first and try it out before spending your money, learn first spend later.

inkpad.t

Guru
Totally agree IamSam,
Personally i would not spend that kind of money as a beginner not knowing if I was going to pursue it further after deciding whether or not I could get the hang of it, or hang the gloves up not taking it further and having spent that kind of money,

2015-12-20 19_48_54-Films & TV.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Most definitely! Start with a more affordable program.

What I was suggesting that I did not state, was that those images were created with high end 3D programs. I would start in a related forum 3D forum and look for tutorials on related 3D programs.

I'm multi-tasking and creating short answers.