What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"You may not upload animated images."

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeniorS

Guru
For a while i get that message for trying to upload gifs as avatar (before that i was able to upload without trouble).
Image i tried to upload fits all allowed parametrs.
I even tried to upload one another's user moving avatar - still get that message.

Wondering why?

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Can't comment much about that, SeniorS.... the others seem to have uploaded theirs with no trouble it seems. Belial even uploaded one way of the scale....lol.... external link, I guess..... Maybe a hiccup iDad caused?..... lol...

Try again later.

SeniorS

Guru
Acctually i tried Belial avatar too with same result. First unsuccsesfull attempt at 05.06.11.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
There was a post the other day regarding uploading of animated gif avatars and admin was looking into it and said it could be done. Dunno whether he adjusted the function or something....... something went wrong.....

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Hurmph.... mine is even worse " You may not upload animated gif's".... ever since I came back to the forum .......

Steve.... iDad.... what ya think's wrong?.....

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Ya..... maybe iDad doesn't want us to top his avatar..... lol.... which is good - he can't mass with our animated gif avatars....

Can't touch this...... tuhhhh, duh, duh, duh....

Wish I can upload dancing Lizad, tho.... ehhhh, never mind ...... lol

SeniorS

Guru
Intresting theory. Maybe thats a "spiderman" thing? Power need responsibility. More advanced more restrictions :)

SeniorS

Guru
I mean from movie "Spiderman". Like great power comes with responsobility or something like that. (about not be able to upload)

iDad

Guru
I'm only a mod here nothing to do with adimin controls

Steve

Retired Administrator
These are the requirements and restrictions in the site rules, is your avatar within those limits?

Maximum Resolution: 150px Wide / 250px Tall
The Smaller The Image Both In Resolution & File Size, The Faster People Will Be Able To Load It. Let's All Use Optimal Images. That Means No 3MB Animated GIF Files And No 1600x1200 Images That You Let Get Auto Re-Sized.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
These are the requirements and restrictions in the site rules, is your avatar within those limits?

Maximum Resolution: 150px Wide / 250px Tall
The Smaller The Image Both In Resolution & File Size, The Faster People Will Be Able To Load It. Let's All Use Optimal Images. That Means No 3MB Animated GIF Files And No 1600x1200 Images That You Let Get Auto Re-Sized.

I'm aware of the avatar rules.

What I tried to upl;oad just now was only a mere 14kb animation at 150 x 150. But ever since , I couldn't upload an animated gif.

SeniorS

Guru
Sorry for making unnecessary user but i had theory and it proved a little.
Something must be with "group" permission because Newbie and Junior Members can upload animated.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
:thumbsup: Yesssss....... I noticed that myself but didn't think much of it...... But it's just not only Newbies and Junior Members.... I noticed that all the Power Users have animated avatars.

I think you found the solution to the riddle, tasnutaa.

AND A GRAND WELCOME TO OUR NEWEST MEMBER, tasnutaa.......

THIS IS A FIRST...... lol...... A newbie finding a solution to a forum riddle...... You've got spunk, bud...... :yourock:

Status
Not open for further replies.