What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Request for direction, not directions. : )

Yer_KILLIN_Me

Hi folks,

I have some vector images here and I want to recreate them for self-education purposes. Using CS6.

Can you please list what skills and tools I would need to use to recreate these images? Please feel free to direct me to any websites or tutorials that have the info I want, but don't feel like you should write down a step-by-step of how you would recreate the images yourself. I want to figure it out, but if I have questions I'll be back.

Please be specific about which slide you are choosing, and if there are many pictures on the slide, which picture (icon) itself. I'm especially interested in slide four, where the bar gives the illusion of sinking into the surface with all the attendant shadow and everything.

almost-flat-icons_Jacob_Cummings_01.pngCityscape. Perspective.pngflat_icons.png
Screenshot 2015-03-06 12.19.30.pngScreenshot 2015-03-06 12.19.36.png

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Are you already using Illustrator? You need Adobe Illustrator and a fairly basic knowledge of making shapes. To point you somewhere and tell you specifically this will do the job would be incorrect. For $25 you can sign up with lynda.com and you can learn the skills you need to do most all of this. In a month of lessons you can learn a tremendous amount. Of course there are lots of Youtube videos for free and some are good, some not so good.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Hi folks,

I have some vector images here and I want to recreate them for self-education purposes. Using CS6.

Can you please list what skills and tools I would need to use to recreate these images? Please feel free to direct me to any websites or tutorials that have the info I want, but don't feel like you should write down a step-by-step of how you would recreate the images yourself. I want to figure it out, but if I have questions I'll be back.

Please be specific about which slide you are choosing, and if there are many pictures on the slide, which picture (icon) itself. I'm especially interested in slide four, where the bar gives the illusion of sinking into the surface with all the attendant shadow and everything.

View attachment 53968View attachment 53969View attachment 53970
View attachment 53971View attachment 53972

Surely these are promo images of Illustrator tutorials. This answers your issue regarding skills and particular tool needed to create vector images.

Had you come across these during an image search, a visit to each image's source site will help as all you need to know are there.

Unless you wish to know how to go about adapting the Illustrator tutorials into Photoshop use which is an entirely different matter as it seems like you are familiar with Photoshop only.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Surely these are promo images of Illustrator tutorials. This answers your issue regarding skills and particular tool needed to create vector images.

Had you come across these during an image search, a visit to each image's source site will help as all you need to know are there.

Yes, my point as well. This seems to be fairly obvious but it could have been an oversight. No harm no foul.