What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remove shadow from this pic if possible please

sistabliss

Hi, happy new year to you all.

I've really tried to remove the shadow from this picture but I just can't do it!
I need to use the pic as a profile pic and the shape of the phone across my face looks ridiculous! I just can't do it, is this something someone could help me with please?
I've tried different things but whatever I have tried just doesn't work. I'm not stupid when it comes to computers but I have no clue when it comes to Photoshop, I don't even know
if this is something that can be done!

Please advise I'd be so grateful for any help.profile pic.jpg

Thanks in advance

Terri

English_Wolf

This is far from being a perfect correction but it should point you toward the right path.

A single curve layer is used.
I created a mask over the camera shadow
Then Layer style adjusted what was left using blend if (under lying layer slider used do not forget to feather that blend if)
profile pic.png

Attachments

• profile pic.png
    profile pic.png
    483.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

sistabliss

Thats brilliant thanks! So much better than it was at least I can use it now. Thanks for doing it so quickly i really appreciate it.

Tom Mann

Guru
@sistabliss - There appears to be an orange cast over the entire image that you posted. If I had to guess, this was probably due to some nearby tungsten lights that weren't fully color corrected. In addition to the obvious shadow that English_Wolf minimized, the lighting is far from optimal for portraiture. There is also *way* too much camera noise / grain, and that affects the perception of your skin texture.

Having not met you, I don't know what your true skin / hair color and texture are, but I suspect that you probably look more like the image below than the original image you posted. See what you think. Feel free to use it if you like it.

Tom M

PS - If the effects that I used are too strong, it's easy to go, for example, half way between what English_Wolf posted and the version I posted.

Attachments

• profile_pic-after_shadow_removal-tjm01-acr-ps01a-01.jpg
    profile_pic-after_shadow_removal-tjm01-acr-ps01a-01.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

sistabliss

Thanks for this Tom. The photo was taken in a hotel in London and the lighting wasn't great. You're right this is more like me, I'm so pale skinned! Thanks again for taking the time to do this for me.

Tom Mann

Guru
There's absolutely nothing wrong with pale skin. I'm also very fair skinned & if I ever start having a "grass is greener on the other side of the fence" moment, I remind myself that lots of people around the world so strongly prefer it over their own color that they actually pay money to have their skin lightened either with makeup, chemically, or with Photoshop, LOL.

T

Paul

Former Member
This is far from being a perfect correction but it should point you toward the right path.

A single curve layer is used.
I created a mask over the camera shadow
Then Layer style adjusted what was left using blend if (under lying layer slider used do not forget to feather that blend if)
View attachment 61002

Very natural looking reworking mate:thumbsup: