What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting ridges on lines. Not sure why.

Aesthete18

So after my last thing about grids/guides, I managed to complete what I was doing. After completing it, I noticed some lines were not straight, sharp.
Photoshop Guru Phinn.PNG

I'm using CS3 and those boxes were created, specifically those lines, via stroke in blending options. I used a shape tool to make the square then used stroke and removed the fill. Duplicated it for the reduced opacity box next to it.

Aesthete18

Hi

If you're using the Rectangle Shape Tool to create the rectangles, why not create them with no Fill and set the Stroke instead, you can lower the opacity if required.

View attachment 76306

Example

View attachment 76307
Thanks for using pics to help, hope it wasn't too much of a hassle. I'm using CS3, I didn't see those features with the rectangle tool. I tried to use it to make strokes but those features in your pic isn't there.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for using pics to help, hope it wasn't too much of a hassle. I'm using CS3, I didn't see those features with the rectangle tool. I tried to use it to make strokes but those features in your pic isn't there.
I think your right but let's get the terminology right so we are all on the same page.

Your saying shape tool. In photoshop there are shape tools but each one has it's own name.

There is the rectangle tool, the rounded rectangle tool, the ellipse tool, the polygon tool, the line tool, and finally the custom shape tool.

Which one are you using? Ged is suggesting using the rectangle tool.

Just as you described, you should be able to create a rectangle with the rectangle tool or rectangular marquis tool and add a stroke using a layer style. Then reduce the layers fill to 0%. I'm not sure why your getting the ridges.

I used the same technique here and it works just fine. It should also work in PS3. Can you post your workflow and screenshots of your layers panel?

Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 11.49.40 PM.png