What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taking night shots.

Paul

Former Member
Having some issues with night shots stars especially.
I have the camera set to BULB and the camera will not make a decision on firing?
I have a small Nikon coolpix and it works in darkness without any issues (ok the flash fires but thats just how the camera deals with it), but my Nikon DLSR does not like the dark at all.

Sorted the cable release issue i purchased another and it works fine.

Tom Mann

Guru
Hey, Paul - So what does, "...will not make a decision on firing..." mean? Does the shutter open and close or not? If it doesn't, my first suggestion would be to turn off everything automatic, particularly, auto focus. My guess is that it can't acquire a good focus in the dark, so it tries to prevent you from taking an OOF picture. Anyway, that's my 1st guess, at least till I hear more.

Cheers,

Tom M

Paul

Former Member
Nailed it Tom, i turned off the auto focus feature then wound the lens out to infinity and beyond:thumbsup: