What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Font size to big while editing images

Arukaizer

Hi. I'm having a huge problem with a couple hundred images. I'm working with a HQ project, and all the images are having HUGE fonts. A 10 font size has the size of a 60(I compared, and its exactly that much). This only happens with those images, and it doesn't have anything to do with the size of the document(JPG 1124x1600) because there are lots of bigger images that doesn't change my font sizing.

Why this happens? I already googled it, and nothing comes up, no solution.

It will be a pain to type in the dialogue balloons with that much of font's size.

I'm using PHOTOSHOP CS5.

Any help will be very appreciated.

Regards.

AbdulW87

Power User
Hi. I'm having a huge problem with a couple hundred images. I'm working with a HQ project, and all the images are having HUGE fonts. A 10 font size has the size of a 60(I compared, and its exactly that much). This only happens with those images, and it doesn't have anything to do with the size of the document(JPG 1124x1600) because there are lots of bigger images that doesn't change my font sizing.

Why this happens? I already googled it, and nothing comes up, no solution.

It will be a pain to type in the dialogue balloons with that much of font's size.

I'm using PHOTOSHOP CS5.

Any help will be very appreciated.

Regards.

what do you exactly mean by 10 having size of 60, can you share some screenshots when you are working on these pictures. it would help to see if something is wrong in the settings bar.

Arukaizer

I'm sorry. I meant that 10pt equals to 60pt while I'm typing, see below:

Sample.jpg

Remembering: JPEG 1124x1600 PHOTOSHOP CS5

This doesn't happens when I create a new document or opening another images. It's only happens to a few images(I had the same problem months ago, but I didn't cared), in this case, this is happening with a couple of hundreds of images from the project(all they was created by the same person who is unknown). Sadly, they are the only version available of the HQ.

It would be a pain to type inside that balloons with that problem, I mean, I would have to type with sizes like "2,7pt" "3,9 pt" etc because every little change to the font size its doing a lot of difference.

Regards.

mattattack347

Power User
Well I have never had this problem before but have you tried creating a new document and this still happens?
Try looking at them in the windows picture viewer are the images allot smaller?
If they are, then the images are just zoomed in too much.
And the fonts and text are working properly, you are just looking at them close up.
My friend had this issue once...
Also, What version of photoshop are you using?

AbdulW87

Power User
if you dont mind can you share one image with us i have a workaround in my mind but wanna test it.

Arukaizer

Well I have never had this problem before but have you tried creating a new document and this still happens?
Try looking at them in the windows picture viewer are the images allot smaller?
If they are, then the images are just zoomed in too much.
And the fonts and text are working properly, you are just looking at them close up.
My friend had this issue once...
Also, What version of photoshop are you using?

No. When I create a new document, my fonts work fine. Even if I open a bigger image than the ones I'm wanting to use, I don't have any problems with. The images are showing just fine for view using any software. My zoom in PS is 100%. Using a 10pt should be enough to type inside the balloons, but like you can see, the font size is INSANE in that image. I'm using PHOTOSHOP CS5 on XP.

if you dont mind can you share one image with us i have a workaround in my mind but wanna test it.

Of course, I just attached it.

Is it the case with all fonts ?

Yes, all fonts are acting like that.

reset the preferences file. press cntrl+alt+shift (cmmd+option+shift) and press yes.

I reseted the preferences file, but doesn't worked. But, honestly, I couldn't get that "ntrl+alt+shift (cmmd+option+shift)" thing. I must hold them in PS? Anyway, I tried holding them on desktop, preferences folder and PS screen, it gave me nothing.

I'm very grateful for all that replies, thank you so much.

Regards.

Attachments

• For test.rar
    806.4 KB · Views: 2

Arukaizer

hold the keys down while opening photoshop, apologies i forgot to say ;)

It didn't worked =[[[

I already deleted the preferences file before, and now I did what you said, reseted it, and the font size still HUGE =[

I don't know what to do... I already tried doing a CTRL+A, copy and paste the image to a new document, no success.

Damn...

Regards.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Have you tried going the other direction? Making the text in a different document, rasterizing it, and bringing it over?

Seems like something must be corrupted in those files, but it's beyond my PS experience.

AbdulW87

Power User
I just downloaded the file and the same thing happens.....weird.....

but one workaround is like ibclare suggested write text in another document and transfer it to this document.

if not then as you said that 10 pt = 60 pt you can calculate the size, for example if you want 3 pt you should write 0.5 pt in the font size box.

if that seems hard, then the third work around is create the text in the original document with low size (1,2 or 3) rasterize it and resize it.

made a PSD with random text

Attachments

• For test.psd
    2.2 MB · Views: 0

AbdulW87

Power User
ok i searched googled the problem and it turns out that the reason the text is acting like this is because of your resolution. the image is at 800 pixels/inch so i changed the value to 72 pixels/inch and the text appeared as it appeared in other documents. I created new documents at different resolutions to check this theory and it proved right. both documents are 500x500 pixels. look at the settings bar at the top.

At 72 dpi/(pixels/inch)
Untitled1.png

At 800 dpi/(pixels/inch)
Untitled2.png

Last edited:

Arukaizer

ok i searched googled the problem and it turns out that the reason the text is acting like this is because of your resolution. the image is at 800 pixels/inch so i changed the value to 72 pixels/inch and the text appeared as it appeared in other documents. I created new documents at different resolutions to check this theory and it proved right. both documents are 500x500 pixels. look at the settings bar at the top.

At 72 dpi/(pixels/inch)
View attachment 19164

At 800 dpi/(pixels/inch)
View attachment 19165

Damn! You're right *-* I read somewhere about that DPI thing, but everytime I tried to change the DPI of the image, the image was resized(became small) automatically, so I didn't insisted on going through that direction. But just now I realized that you can change the DPI, and then if you want to, retype the original sizing(width x height) again with the new DPI.

So, now all I have to do, is to create an action to automatically do that to a folder, using the automated batch.

Thanks a lot, Abdul! ^^

Thank you so much everybody, even being my first time here, all people was so friendly, I hope to one day I can share my experiences on PS with the members from here.

I'm very grateful!

Regards :)